News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ray Kotke's Stanley Products 302

Started by Doug Rose, December 22, 2012, 09:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Ray is this one of your creations or the real deal. I always wondered why WE did not have a yellow 302s. Looks great. Can you give us some closeup pics?....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 22, 2012, 09:09:10 AM
Ray is this one of your creations or the real deal. I always wondered why WE did not have a yellow 302s. Looks great. Can you give us some closeup pics?....thanks...Doug

Yes, it's one of my "special" projects Doug.  A customer asked me if I could do a "Stanley Tools" Yellow 302, and this is what I sent him. Of course, the cords just HAD to match as well. I order snow-white cloth-covered cords from OldPhoneWorks and dye them to match. I had to shorten the handset cord per the customer's request.  :D

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

George Knighton

Annoying new poster.

Dennis Markham

That is very cool, Ray.  Beautiful phone. 

As far as OPW cloth, coiled handset cords.  I think they are way too long.  I once ordered one in a shorter length as their are just too long unless perhaps used on a wall phone.  It took forever to get the cord but it was a perfect length.  I think 9 inches was the number I used when ordering.

old_stuff_hound

Very cool -- this, only real. I like it! ;-)

Tom B

I'd love to have a 302 in this colour. And many other colours too ;)
Tom

kleenax

Quote from: Tom B on December 22, 2012, 02:13:38 PM
I'd love to have a 302 in this colour. And many other colours too ;)

How bout this color?  ;)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Tom B

Pyschedelic! I have a number of 500's in various colours - would like to have matching 302's - Cherry Red, Pink, Moss Green, Med Blue, Yellow, Aqua, and Beige. Oxford Grey, Rose Beige, Lime Green, Orange, Turquoise, and Mahogany Brown are all on my list. 302's in all those colours would be cool ;D
Tom

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

Does Ray sell just the parts to put a 302 together from your base ?
His website isn't very informative as far as pricing or what's available.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Ray....both colors are just amazing. Outstanding....as usual....DOug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

What great Idea.
Ray, can you tell us if we can buy the parts to put a colored 302 together from our base ?
What approximately would the parts run ?
Thanks,
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

kleenax

In answer to your question Dan, yes, I do/will sell you the complete body (finger-hold piece and clear plungers included), and handset (you have to populate the handset with contacts & modules).

Price depends on the color, but are around $450 for the complete kit.

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

newskeeto

What a beautiful creation.  Yellow definitely should have been a factory color, and this proves it.