News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Abilene, KS phone show

Started by Jim Stettler, April 17, 2013, 08:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Is any forum members (besides me) planning on attending the KS phone show this weekend?
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Jim S. on April 17, 2013, 08:24:01 PM
Is any forum members (besides me) planning on attending the KS phone show this weekend?
Jim

Jim,

I haven't quite decided, yet. I'm about 115 miles from Abilene, but also have a 30 year old Suburban, that gets maybe 10 mpg on the highway.

Best regards!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Jim Stettler

Terrence,
If you go arrive Friday for the set-up. a lot of deals happen then. Saturday is the public and the collector auction.
The Kansas show always has great deals for buyers and cheap auctions.

Let me know before 7:00 AM MDT 4/18/13 (Tomorrow) that you will attend , and I will bring you more than 10 boxes of Telephone C.R.A.P.
(Communication Related Apparatus & Parts)
This is a large pile of S.C.R.A.P. (Surplus Communication Related Apparatus & Parts)
that has been hanging around my old house. I don't want it at this house. I want to give it away without packing it for shipping. If I donate it , most if not all will get scrapped. You can scrap whatever you don't want.
My trash hauler is going to start with trash on Tuesday, Scrap on Friday, and Yard Waste next Saturday.
The CRAP needs gone before Friday or it will become SCRAP.
It is worth the gas, and you will probably win "Find of the Month"

There is enough value to offset your gas mileage and you will have a fun time.
Jim
BTW I am 450 miles from Abilene and have attending every show they have had since 1991

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

Terrence:

Turn your engine off and coast down the hills!

Anyone close enough to car pool to Abilene with you?

I'll buy all the clear AE's that you find hiding in Jim's boxes of S.C.R.A.P.

Terry

Nick in Manitou

I would like to have been able to attend, but I had "forcible entry" class all day for the fire department.  Now I know how to get past a steel door with multiple locks and drop bars - within 2 minutes!

But it would have been fun to go to the phone show.

Tomorrow I go to the "smoke tower".  Flames, smoke and all that stuff...maybe I should have done all this about 40 years ago!