"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Aqua Blue 500?

Started by Greg G., April 30, 2013, 09:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

Dennis Markham

Very nice phone, Greg.  I think the price was reasonable. $21 in taxes??  Wow, that seems awfully high!

The color looks good.  It appears to be an original.  Even the black ringer wire is still on the "G" terminal like it would have been then.  Just connect the yellow mounting cord wire to G and tie the green and yellow together at the plug end.  Nice find.  That's a nice looking 55 year old piece of American history.

Edit:  Oops, I was thinking you paid $50 not $65.  $6 is much better.  Still, a nice buy.

david@london

great aqua blue brinybay !
to me $71 seems pretty reasonable for such a nice condition soft plastic model. i have a lovely one from colorado i paid 89 for and another i paid 27 for. the second one is lovely too now, but i had to sand the whole phone, clean + reform the h/s cord etc. it also has a chip on its ear.

what is the meaning of the large embossed figures '18D' inside the shell ?
i've been looking at my 4 soft 500s. 2 of them have these markings, ........mine are 16C and 22F.
i had never noticed these before.

Jim Stettler

I think the "18D" marking is just the line/mold designation.
Just a guess tho.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan

My hometown of fairfield ohio was the TWinbrook exchange!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan on May 02, 2013, 10:19:30 PM
My hometown of fairfield ohio was the TWinbrook exchange!

Apparently the TWinbrook exchange was in several places from Florida to Seattle.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e