News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sometimes you find a lot of phones, sometimes they find you

Started by Jim Stettler, April 13, 2010, 08:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

I had a message on Saturday from a man who wanted to sell me some telephones. I didn't call him back till monday, I was hoping to see them on Monday, because Tuesday is always a busy day around here.
I was able to see him today and I bought a bunch of boring phones.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

I also bought some that were more interesting. I blew a lot of my Lyon's phone show $. So I am open to offers on a lot of these phones. I will post a list of particulars a little later tonite, ( I still have some kid errands).
The 5302 w/ G handset has g elements. I might keep it, but I might sale it.

Here are a couple of "overview" photos of some phones that found me.

Jim
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on April 13, 2010, 08:47:15 PM
wioll any of those be for sale

Darn near all, Make me some offers, The boring phones have a low value to me.I have many more boxes in the shed that have lot's of the same sorta phones.

JIm
You live, You learn,

AE_Collector

That white AE80 looks VERY white. Unusual for an old phone. Has it been repainted white or is it original?

The blue AE 182 Starlite looks decent as well.

Terry

Dennis Markham

Jim Stettler

I think there were just over 50 phones in all. He has another 1/2 dozen in his garage that he is keeping for now and some wood and candlesticks in the house (I didn't get to see them). That he is also keeping for now.

He got my # from a phone buddy that has a shed full of phones, that he will eventually sell me, They have other retired phone buddies with phones as well. With luck I will be able to get a couple of hundred phone thru these guys....... eventually.

First contact was about this time of year and was the same year as the first lyon's show.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Sorry Terry, Dennis guessed this one.
I didn't even realize about the white 5302 until I was loading the truck. I ignored the colored plastic because it all seemed to be pretty common stuff, Since Tuesdays are busy, I didn't take my time to really look thru the phones that well.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Dennis Markham

Jim, I think maybe Terry was talking about the white AE80 that is in the photo with all the phones on the plastic picnic table.

Steve

Quote from: Jim S. on April 13, 2010, 08:50:43 PM

Darn near all, Make me some offers, The boring phones have a low value to me.I have many more boxes in the shed that have lot's of the same sorta phones.

JIm

I may be interested in one of the 354's. let me know what you are looking to get out of them.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 13, 2010, 09:03:38 PM
Jim, I think maybe Terry was talking about the white AE80 that is in the photo with all the phones on the plastic picnic table.
Your probably right, Like I said , I haven't looked close at the colored plastic phones. I just checked and it is original plastic (no Paint).
My wife just called and she is taking care of the kid stuff, She hasn't seen the table yet.

Jim
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Quote from: ae_collector on April 13, 2010, 08:52:27 PM
That white AE80 looks VERY white. Unusual for an old phone. Has it been repainted white or is it original?

The blue AE 182 Starlite looks decent as well.

Terry
Terry,
My bad. I didn't realize I had the white AE80. It is original plastic, The blue need a tres Amigo apprentice tho.

Jim
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Steve on April 13, 2010, 09:04:41 PM
Quote from: Jim S. on April 13, 2010, 08:50:43 PM

JIm

I may be interested in one of the 354's. let me know what you are looking to get out of them.

Steve,
I will be posting the particulars of the phones. I  would just as soon get some offers from the forum folks on things they are interested in. There are only  a couple that I have some interest in keeping.
Once the particul;ars are posted , feel free to make me some offers that fit your pocket book (+ shipping). I would like to sell off most of these by the weekend. Low offers don't offend me. I can always say no.
High offers don't offend me either.

I don't want to test these, The particulars will include overall condition and dial action.

Jim
You live, You learn,

LarryInMichigan

The dial-less redbar in the back looks like it was never used.

There is definitely a white 5302 on the table.  That must be worth plenty.

Larry

Jim Stettler

The redbar is very clean, The white 5302 is very scarce.

Dinner just arrived, and then I will post a particular list. I am open to offers on all these phones. I am cash shy at the moment, but I will still consider trade offers.

The only phones that really hold my attention is the white 5302 and one of the B mounts. The rest of them I could sell easily.

I would consider selling the white 5302 and the "interesting" B mount.

Make your offers once I post the list.
I need to raise some more cash for the show. In celebration of 300+ members, I will  be pretty reasonable on most of the sets.

I suspect collector value of the white 5302  is about $1,000 +/- $300.
This is just my guess. I may keep the set  as a keeper or trader. I will keep all offers in mind, however I think I should display it at the Lyon's show on May 1. I suspect I will get some offers then.

As always, I don't always sell to the highest offer.

Photo's soon.
Jim
You live, You learn,