News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Early Kidphone gets the Phones

Started by Doug Rose, August 19, 2013, 08:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I got up at 4AM yesterday and went with Janet to the Flea Market. Got there just as the sun was coming up, still kind of dark. Of course....every know the "phone lady" and ignore me completely. They save phones for her. By 7AM we were done. One of my best days ever at a flea market. We done good! An almost perfect manual B1, a dial B1 with a #2, 50AL with a #2. a NOS in box WE 344 and a CRV full of others. Also got three really great cuckoo clocks that I love to play with. Really different lantern as well....Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

That looks like a really nice haul. I would like to sit at that table with the phones, but I will try not to get food all over them.

Ben

Tim Mc

Wow.  That would pretty much be my year's worth of collecting compressed into one early morning!

HowardPgh

At my flea market a lucky find would be a refurb 70's 500.  And a beat up one at that.
Howard

AE40FAN

Doug,

May I ask what flea market you guys are going to every week and bringing home a truck load of phones?
I'm lucky to find 1 decent phone at any given flea market never mind an entire lot!

Doug Rose

I think the key is getting there early. There are a lot of good phones out there, but there is a lot of competition. Granted, there are days we or Jan gets up early and come home empty handed. This was a banner day and we have been fortunate to have a couple this year.

My first cuckoo clock is perfect!! Keeping the time and a loud cuckooo...Doug
Kidphone

jfrutschy