News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dial disassembly help. AE?

Started by Gilas, June 17, 2012, 03:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilas

My wife brought home a "toaster" Army Signal Corps TP-6-A Conn Tel, that had this dial on it.  Couple questions, since I mainly have been dealing with WE's.  Is this an AE?  I know that the plate is on wrong since the numbers are obscured but it is so vastly different then what I have been tinkering with I really have no clue where to start.  Anyone have a link that would help with the disassemble/reassembly?  Pointers etc??  Thanks in advance

Mike

G-Man

QuoteIs this an AE?

No, it was manufactured by Telephonics for the military but was based on Automatic Electric's design.

Gilas

Thought it looked sorta like some of the AE ones I've seen in various pictures.  So any clue on taking it apart.

G-Man

Quote from: lowrey340 on June 17, 2012, 01:00:13 PM
Thought it looked sorta like some of the AE ones I've seen in various pictures.  So any clue on taking it apart.

A good start would be to remove the number card holder and then the finger-wheel. Then the number-plate. after that, It should be evident how to proceed from there.

Here is a link http://tinyurl.com/6v98xtr from the TCI Library showing how to remove the number card holder. Even though the illustration is of a new type of dial, the procedure is still the same.