and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Payphone Display

Started by Payphone installer, February 04, 2016, 07:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payphone installer

more signs to hang

19and41

That is certainly shaping up into a wonderful display!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Mr. Bones

Beautiful work, Jim!

Even seeing this small slice of your collection boggles my mind!!! :o

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

mentalstampede

"WOW" is the only word I can come up with. I knew you had an incredible collection, but it is even more impressive displayed like that!

Just beautiful.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

rickthegeek

This is an awesome display!

Do you have a way to scan some of the instruction cards? We have a 1C1 at the Telephone Museum in Maine that is connected to a #3 crossbar in post-pay mode but it has the post-pay instruction cards. It would be cool to reproduce a pre-pay instruction card set to have it be "correct"...

-Rick

Pourme

Hi, "new guy" here...

Just saw this thread for the 1st time today. After spending this week beaming because I just acquired my 1st pay phone I am floored at your considerable collection!

No wonder I don't find many old pay phones out in "the wild"....

You have them all!

Nice job of creating this huge phone booth display!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Payphone installer

Been a while since I added anything here there has been progress but slow because of my business. here are the colored A/E's that just got added Thanks To Stan.

Payphone installer

I finally also added all the really hard to find 160 series payphones with the steel hooks.

Payphone installer

down below the 160 series I also added all the single slots 1A1 1C1 1E1 everything I could find.

Payphone installer

More phone pics

Payphone installer

more plus a really rare enclosure. if you look closely you can see where the l bracket was.

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Jim Stettler

I think I see a Field Trial 3A  from around 1983.

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Payphone installer

Yes there are several 3A's with the light gray upper housing and some with the black upper I have been wanting to investagate what I have further just have not had the time yet.

RotarDad

Jim - Your display is really looking great.  I really like that the collection is all "as removed from service" - there is a huge amount of history there.  Perhaps your building will someday become the "National Payphone Archive", a true resource.  No rattlecan repaints or hopper ringers here......
Paul