News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

CRPF Member Photo's - Wanna see something really Scarey!

Started by Dan/Panther, March 21, 2009, 11:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Nick in Manitou on January 06, 2013, 11:08:05 PM
I know that it is not cool to admit it, but although I love airplanes - working on them, flying them or flying in them - I have a "straight and level" stomach. 

I love the idea of aerobatics, but the reality is that my stomach doesn't!

Nick, not everybody can do aerobatics. It takes a bigger man, and a smarter one, to recognize these things, much less tell others about it. I have gained great respect for you from this post.

As Command Pilot, this is some very useful information on a Warbird aerobatics flight, since you are the one responsible for cleaning the cockpit!

Regards!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

twocvbloke,

You have contributed countless informational posts, assistance, etc., to this forum, since long before I got here. I thank you , Sir!

Now, then, where's your photos of you? ;)

I see no way, genetically, that you could be scarier than those of us who have posted.

Cheers, mate!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

twocvbloke

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 06, 2013, 11:48:41 PMNow, then, where's your photos of you? ;)

I'm too camerashy to show pictures of me, I hate being on any form of camera.... :D

George Knighton

It's a challenge for me to find glasses that fit because I have a big head.  :-)

The little guy fixing the "pone" is one of the two toddlers in the house.

The black car is the one I personally drive at the track, a K20A(*) DC5 ITR conversion, #110.  The white car #120 is on the track with my driver, and that car is built to Honda Challenge H2 specifications.  I'm getting old and get dizzy fairly quickly these days, so I don't get out quite as much.  But...it's still a blast and I can still surprise people.
Annoying new poster.

K1WI

Going through some old "junk" and found a few telco IDs...middle one is my first  NY Tel 1967  
   Andy F   K1WI

PS 2CV bloke....     Two flights? .. I've got about 4 miilion flight miles under my belt
Andy F    K1WI

twocvbloke

Quote from: K1WI on January 07, 2013, 04:09:43 PMPS 2CV bloke....     Two flights? .. I've got about 4 miilion flight miles under my belt

I'm just not the flying type, that and it's expensive even to go for commercial airlines, even the budget ones as they always have hidden extras ontop of their 1p flights... :o

AE_Collector

K1WI:

E & I Department? Engineer and Install? We had an EF&I Department, Engineer, Furnish & Install. This was COE Installation work being done by us for other Telco's.

Terry

K1WI

Terry,
      I worked the last fifteen years (of 35) at Ma Bell as an Equipment Installer , that's the E.I. Dept , instaling testing and constantly updating Nortel DMS 100-200 and DMS 10 switching  systems . New England Tel was (or still is) unique among the Bell operating companies  having their own employees installing central office equipment. All the others had the manufacturers such as Western Electric , Northern Electric etc. do the job.
     Very few people even in the phone company know the department exists.
  Andy F    K1WI
Andy F    K1WI

AE_Collector

Quote from: K1WI on January 07, 2013, 08:29:16 PM
  Terry,

I worked the last fifteen years (of 35) at Ma Bell as an Equipment Installer

New England Tel was (or still is) unique among the Bell operating companies  having their own employees installing central office equipment.

Ironic! I worked my first 15 years as a COE Equipment Installer and am getting close to retirement now with 37 years in. The company I worked for was a wholly owned subsidiary of BC Tel and we did all of our own COE work too. We even did some contract work for mainly the three Prairie province Telco's; AGT, edmonton telephones, Sask tel and Manitoba Telecom as well as some work installing for Automatic Electric Canada out of Brockville Ontario.

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: George Knighton on January 07, 2013, 08:04:27 AM
It's a challenge for me to find glasses that fit because I have a big head.  :-)

The little guy fixing the "pone" is one of the two toddlers in the house.

The black car is the one I personally drive at the track, a K20A(*) DC5 ITR conversion, #110.  The white car #120 is on the track with my driver, and that car is built to Honda Challenge H2 specifications.  I'm getting old and get dizzy fairly quickly these days, so I don't get out quite as much.  But...it's still a blast and I can still surprise people.

What about the dog?  Is that a Border Collie?

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

George Knighton

Yes.  There's too many dogs, really.  That's just the tip of the iceberg.  It's a mess.  :-)  

The humans are the real mess.

Chase is very tall for a border collie, but he's full blooded.  Getting old now.  He's 12.
Annoying new poster.

Phonesrfun

Here is a not-too-flattering picture of me.

-Bill G

Mr. Bones

Nice picture, Bill!

Looking pretty slim and trim for somebody just hitting the backside of 29! Keep up the good work!

Regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Tom B

Here's me playing the Rickenbacker (and giving the drummer some advice)...
Tom

Greg G.

A passenger caught me driving the bus.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e