"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another large hoard of phones found at a great price

Started by ....., October 15, 2017, 10:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Quote from: Babybearjs on October 16, 2017, 06:39:23 AM
...and whats going to happen to all this stuff when its time for you to "let it go"????

At a guess, one of the next generation of collectors will collect it and place it in their garage too... ;D

Though I'm probably a bit young to think of such things, I have standing orders that if I "go", everything of mine is to be sold (bar any keepsakes that whoever sells my stuff wants to hold onto), no point keeping it around if the person who appreciated it is no longer there... :)

I found a pleasant surprise in my haul. 

Nick in Manitou

monophone_lover

Rob
ATCA # 4057

kleenax

Nice haul sir!

Would have been interested in seeing what "Collector #1" made off with if you were just left with these old things ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

PhilFone

I'm stunned. To me, as a modest holder of about 10 phones, I cannot fathom what to do with this many phones, other than erect a cheap building, charge an entrance fee and let people use these phones for a cost, connecting them via cable modem(s). Maybe you can build a row of different phone booths and use each one, again charging for the calls made. You'll need a group plan from Verizon, AT&T, etc. and then figure in enough profit. A working museum? I don't know...I'm just

O - V - E  - R  -  W  -  H  -  E  -  L  -  M  -  E  -  D !

Dan/Panther

Are these items what remained after the first two collectors left, or is this the entire collection because the first two collectors couldn't make a deal ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Quote from: Dan/Panther on June 06, 2018, 12:09:06 PM
Are these items what remained after the first two collectors left, or is this the entire collection because the first two collectors couldn't make a deal ?
D/P

The first collector bought a few things, I being the second collector bought the rest.