News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How to remove WE dial bezel

Started by mienaichizu, September 16, 2009, 10:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

I have a painted white WE500 that I cleaned up just today, dial bezel has badly discolored so I was thinking if I use sanding process  to return it to its original color but how can I remove it from the dial mechanism. I only know how to remove is the finger wheel. And also, if I sand it will the numbers and letters will not get erased?

Dennis Markham

Ramil, it is not difficult to remove the dial.  In order to tell you the method it is necessary to see which dial you have.  I can see by the narrow cut in the dial bezel that it is a later dial, probably a #9 series.  The early ones attached with a ring that is on the outside of the bezel that rotates with 3 flanges that slip under a retainer.  Later ones simply are a bayonet style.  With the dial bezel in hand just holding the back side of the dial and twisting it and pulling down it will come off easily.  The finger stop has to be removed first. 

If you can remove the finger wheel and show a photo of the top I can tell you which dial you have.

As far as sanding the letters/numbers off, you don't have to worry about that.  The plastic is actually sandwiched so the black numbers/letters are the same thickness as the white plastic.  Those dial bezels had an original matte type finish and by sanding and polishing you will be left with a glossy finish.

mienaichizu

thanks Dennis, here's the photo of the bezel.

JorgeAmely

Ramil:

I think this wheel is light beige in color, not white. Can you take a picture of the back side?
Jorge

mienaichizu

sure, I'll post it tomorrow, its already 12 midnight here in the Philippines. I have to go to sleep now, I'll catch up tomorrow

Dennis Markham

Jorge, I agree.  I thought that looked Light Beige when I first saw it.  Ramil, this is one of those that is very easy to remove.  Just remove the finger stop.  This model of dial has a finger stop that is recessed into plastic.  Just push in the plastic tab and push the stop away.  Then rotate the dial while holding the bezel and the dial will drop away from the bezel.  Very simple once you do it once.

Greg G.

Interesting number card, can we get a closer look at that too?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e