News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A couple of oddities

Started by bushman, November 05, 2009, 07:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

Just picked these up for a buck apiece. The brown one is an ITT 1974.  The beige one is a cortelco. The only reason I grabbed it was the odd transmitter. Not a great pic but it is made by Roanwell and called the confidencer.

Bushman

McHeath

Good buy, that beige 2500 looks like the one on my desk at work.  The "confidencer" tranmitter is available at fivestarphones.com for something like 15 bucks.  Not sure what the deal is with it as their description, last I looked, was pretty vague. 

bellsystemproperty

Ooh the Brown ITT could be a nice phone. Are you going to clean it up and make it shiny so you can show all of us? At first when I saw the brown 500s I hated them, but I have grown to like them more now. Do not scrap the phone for parts, it could be nice. Actually, I never scrap a rotary phone. Whenever I find one, no matter its condition, I try to bring it back to life. If I need parts I get them individually, not from a whole phone. It's like killing a good person and taking out their heart to give it to someone else. Anyways, good find.  ;D

Dan/Panther

awhile back I posated a side by side comparison of an ITT, and a Strombersg Carlson Orange 1974 500's. My opinion ois that the ITT is a better built phone, and remains very close to WE500 internally.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

jsowers

A confidencer is a type of transmitter that cancels out the background noise and makes it so only the person on the phone is picked up. Like a directional microphone. They use them in telethons and in workplaces where there's a lot of noise. Roanwell was probably the major manufacturer of those confidencers.
Jonathan