Hecho En Mexico

Started by Craig T, November 13, 2009, 12:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

A tool like this would open it...
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Craig T

That is impressive D/P and worth a shot also. I bet i can fashion one out of a small gardening rake. Magiver would be proud!

Phonesrfun

Craig:

I realize at this point you are willing to leave well enough alone.  However, I thought I would post a couple of pictures of my Siemens.

In the picture of the bottom of the phone at the 12 O'Clock position, and at the 4 and 8 O'Clock positions, you can see three screw heads.  These were originally covered by three plastic caps that exactly matched the color of the base.  For what it's worth.

All that being said, there is the old saying that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  So, I perfectly support your decision to just enjoy the phone without taking it apart.
-Bill G

Craig T

Hey reply away, this is turning out to be a very informative post. Nice phone by the way.

Phonesrfun

Craig:

I like your new microphone picture.
-Bill G

Craig T

Thanks! It is shiny shiny. I took a while cleaning it up. That was a vintage electronics goldmine I hit that day. This is the Asterik Lollipop microphone. I love vintage microphones, they do not come up often enough for me.

the old man who was selling it (old man my foot this guy was 80 and he moved like greased lightning) used it with a Lafayette Comstat 35. You know I have that too  :D. Last tube model made by Lafayette. Also bought a Sansui Sax-200 (tube amp high end model for 1963). Tube testers, cap testors, oh man it was great! Best part, it all sat for months, no one even asked about it. Thank goodness!

Phonesrfun

Being a ham, I know that microphone was kind of the status symbol of ham operators in the 60's.  Great find.
-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Craig;
Is that a D-104 ?
DE/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Craig T

Yes sir D/P and a fine one at that, very clean. I had to replace the 9v battery cap when I got it and clean it. It was well worth it and not bad at all. 1 hour. I get on the ARF site, but I have too few posts to show much off. I will do a little vintage electronics post in the off topics section one day, I have a few cool things you might like.