News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

It actually happened!

Started by HarrySmith, March 13, 2015, 09:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

We have always talked about phones multiplying but now I have proof. It actually happened! My recently completed pair of Moss Green 500's were left together on the dining room table for a week. Now there is a Moss Green 2500 with them!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Sigh...

Excuses for collecting phones have gotten really creative over the years, haven't they?  ;D :o

Wanna know how to get a Dark Gray 500? Put a black 302 and an ivory 302 together in the basement!  :P
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dennis Markham

Harry, your photo was upside down.  I saved it and rotated it and tried to modify your post.  I created an error and now the photo is gone.  Obviously, as Unbeldi has pointed out, there is some type of glitch when trying to add photos during a modification.

I've tried a half dozen times to upload that photo and it won't and now your original is gone.  I will try and post it with this reply.

Nope, it won't let me post the modified photo.  Sorry Harry, you'll have to post it again.

~Dennis

unbeldi

Quote from: Dennis Markham on March 13, 2015, 11:18:32 AM
Harry, your photo was upside down.  I saved it and rotated it and tried to modify your post.  I created an error and now the photo is gone.  Obviously, as Unbeldi has pointed out, there is some type of glitch when trying to add photos during a modification.

I've tried a half dozen times to upload that photo and it won't and now your original is gone.  I will try and post it with this reply.

Nope, it won't let me post the modified photo.  Sorry Harry, you'll have to post it again.

~Dennis

Interesting!

I believe I have just found the bug in the software.   At least it has fixed the white-screen sudden death in my software installation when certain images are uploaded.

I'll send you a PM on this.

PS:  the post was really more fun with the picture the way it was.

Dennis Markham

You're right.  There I go trying to help out again.  I should have just let it ride.

Dennis

HarrySmith

OK, reposted the picture in the correct orientation. I did the first one from my tablet, still have not figured that thing out!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Russ Kirk

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 13, 2015, 11:46:05 AM
OK, reposted the picture in the correct orientation. I did the first one from my tablet, still have not figured that thing out!

That same thing happens to me when i post from my iPad.

The green phones look nice!

You need a green mini now.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

WEBellSystemChristian

I do that all the time with my iPad. If the tablet is upside-down (even if all of the buttons have rotated to the correct position and the pictures look fine in your jpg gallery, it will upload upside-down online.
Christian Petterson

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Russ Kirk on March 13, 2015, 12:11:03 PM

That same thing happens to me when i post from my iPad.

The green phones look nice!

You need a green mini now.
Well, it looks like Apple needs to fix that little glitch! ;)
Christian Petterson

unbeldi

It is interesting to note that Harry was able to upload the picture, while Dennis as administrator was not.

This brings up the observation I made while reading the source code of the forum software.  The software sets rather small memory limits on many functions, especially the admin functions.  These are fixed in the source code and cannot be modified in the web administration interfaces.  I have fixed the white-screen-sudden-death syndrome on my installation by modifying the limits during image resizing.

HarrySmith

OMG !!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

Yes, and now it has been born a small newcomer, I'll guess it has grown bigger in the next picture.   
dsk

Russ Kirk

Oh Ii see a proud Papa!  Now you need sound Aunts and Uncles To visit the new family.

I've thought about doing this in my collection. I like most phone colors but green is at the bottom of the list -sorry.

A whole family will certainly change my mind. This has given me a new personal challenge. To get a phone in every type, all in one color. Well, that is one shopping list item I will have at the next phone show.....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

WEBellSystemChristian

Who's the father? ;D
Christian Petterson