News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NOOO! on the internet, no one can hear you scream....

Started by AL_as_needed, August 02, 2017, 06:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL_as_needed

If you are prone to panic attacks, heart failure, or fits of rage following the stupidity of others....don't watch....

Teleplay; I know.... of all the models to "lamp".... :-[

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cabQhj6V2GE
TWinbrook7

Victor Laszlo

He is a "professional."

He uses his diagonal cutters backwards when stripping wire and then uses them as a hammer.

He claims to use rubber tubing as a "strain relief" and then...does not use the rubber tubing as a strain relief.  An underwriter's knot would have been the best way to provide strain relief, since electricians have been using that method for 100 years.  (What he meant was "grommet" or "flex relief.")

He would not last ten minutes working for me.

And that video is further proof that certain people should not be left unattended with sharp objects and a computer.

TelePlay

Quote from: Victor Laszlo on August 02, 2017, 06:59:43 PM
He is a "professional."
|
|
And that video is further proof that certain people should not be left unattended with sharp objects and a computer.

Yeah, he's actually a "PROFESSIONAL STUPID IDIOT."

That was a 1905 to 1915 Dietz No- 2 D-Lite that someone painted a dark grey color. When they took the burner out, I did not see much rust in the burner mount. I think the saving grace here is most of the comments to the video said he foolishly destroyed a lantern for any of several reasons.

And, one less lantern makes all the rest of the rescued lanterns just a bid more valuable but as one response said, it was already a light source before he turned it into a dangerous light source and another said now when the power goes out, you're still screwed.

Was surprised at how many responses said they have one or more around in case of power outages.

But in the end, he's still a "PROFESSIONAL STUPID IDIOT."

twocvbloke

Yeesh, and I thought my wiring out in the shed was dodgy......  :o

But yeah, that's a sad sight, a decent, and valuable, lamp being turned into a cheap, useless decorative toy, not nice to see, if they did as I did and used a modern cheap chinese thing as I did, I'd not feel as bad, but, something classic, collectable and well-built, no, not suitable for turning into an electric lamp...

Alex G. Bell

Just another example of why I absolutely never browse YouTube and rarely follow links other people provide.  It's abundantly clear that the people who are most eager to post there to "share their knowledge" usually share the opposite.  As the saying goes: "Those who know do, those who don't talk about it".

In this case the sacrifice of a nice lantern is the least of the problem.  The dissemination of a method for reproducing a lethal hazard to life is the more important aspect.  Someone should report the post for that reason.

tallguy58

That's why I never go on the internet. It's a waste of ti.......hey, wait a minute.
Cheers........Bill

Dan/Panther

I have 2 Dietz original lanterns, one is red glass (Not Stained ), and two reproduction lanterns. I have got to get to work.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

TelePlay

Quote from: Dan/Panther on August 04, 2017, 12:45:20 PM
I have 2 Dietz original lanterns, one is red glass (Not Stained ), and two reproduction lanterns. I have got to get to work.

Photos please, when you have the time.