"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

N501L with N14M dial

Started by sebbel, August 08, 2012, 08:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbel

Hi,
My friend has this N50AL he might want to sell. I've bought multiple of them in the past but I dont have one with a N14M dial like this one. How rare is that dial? I'm not quite sure how much to offer him since it's the first time I see that dial.

Want is a fair price or market price for that?
Seb.

Doug Rose

What is a N14M dial? Could you post a picture?
Kidphone

poplar1

This is the last version of the NE dial that resembles the AE Mercedes dial. I think I posted this picture before:
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

Here's a  not so good picture of the back
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

sebbel

Its a N14MF actually it's a little different from even that one.
Seb.

wds

Nice phone and dial.  I've never seen a dial like that before.  Is that a lamp pole sticking out of the transmitter cup?  
Dave

G-Man

Is the fingerwheel frozen of can it be returned to its normal position?

Otherwise Steve Hilsz may be able to repair it.

Doug Rose

Seb....what a fabulous find! I knew the dial, not the name. You got a good one...Doug
Kidphone

sebbel

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 09, 2012, 10:16:19 AM
Seb....what a fabulous find! I knew the dial, not the name. You got a good one...Doug

Well... Not yet. I havent aquired it yet. Due to space contraints I keep only 1 of each models of Northern Electrics I find. I want this one to replace my current N50AL. Problem is I don't know how much to offer for it. This is a person I deal with on a regular basis so I need to make him a fair offer. I was thinking I would sell my N50AL I usually can get about 200 for them and offer him that. Considering the phone is lamped and the the dial needs repairs I feel its a fair offer. But I really don't know what that dial may be worth. Also from what I understand this is the least rare of the N series dials.

What do you guys think
Seb.

wds

Here's my thoughts.  A broken mercedes dial is only worth about $35.  I've seen several of them go for less.  .  Not sure what the added value to that would be since it's a Northern dial, but I'm sure it's a lot more.  A lamped out candlestick again isn't worth a whole lot, depending on how much damage they did with the lamp conversion.  Assuming the cup is drilled, and the transmitter parts are also probably missing, and also can't tell what's going on with the wiring harness.  I wouldn't pay much more than about $150 for stick and the dial.  Just my 2 cents.
Dave

Doug Rose

The transmitter looks like it was drilled, but for me the prize is the dial. I don't have one and whether it works or not, I would want it. In Hlisz I trust. The stick does nothing for me, but the dial would be worth $100 to me, but that's just me. If you could back off the screw in the transmitter and plug it, I think $200 is a fair price. This would display wonderfully.....Doug
Kidphone