News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Interesting parts in 2 recent ebay lots: 591 tubes, 4/50 500, 4/55 554, 7E dial

Started by allnumbedup, June 14, 2020, 02:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allnumbedup

I have just starting going through two eBay phone lots of black phones I won in the last few months. In the first I wound up with three very roached out 500's. Two had soft plastic cases dated the same day and are C/D 501's with their vacuum tubes in place, the third is a heavily refurbished 1950 500 with rusted and painted over markings....
1. A 1962 network and neoprene feet but a readable front stamp from 4/1950 and A/B 500 up by the ringer control too, and..
2. A 9/1950 four wire C2A ringer.
The second lot I got a complete North 540 plus a 554 wall phone with a Kellogg case and handset and...
3. A back and network from 4/1955. I believe this is a very early production without the upper notches on the back, straight volume lever, and small rear access holes. This phone also had a..
4. Western Electric 7E dial which I have found nothing about here or online. 

I posted some of these items in the "oldest 554" thread but thought I might share them here.  Even though the dial and back from the 554 have the same date I doubt they were originally together because the handset and case are kellogg with two different logos and the phone had what I think is a 1970's ITT ringer with an external capacitor and a green AE handset cord  I don't really have plans for these parts right now except to share these pictures with the community.
Analog Phones for a Digital World

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

allnumbedup

thanks paul. guess that cliches the dial not belonging to this phone.
Analog Phones for a Digital World