My AE Type 34A3A

Started by rdelius, March 12, 2015, 08:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-Man

Quote from: paul-f on March 12, 2015, 09:15:22 PM
Quote from: unbeldi on March 12, 2015, 08:44:49 PM

34A3A
Is that really an official designation?

While most of the references in the TCI Library are simply 34A3, there are references in back issues of Singing Wires to both 34A3A and 34A3B.

The 34A3A was referenced in the June 1993 SW, quoting as a source Automatic Electric Review for March, 1939.
Paul-
Your original response made no mention of the AE Review article specifying that the 34A3A designation pertained to a 34A3 with a handhold molded in. And since we were not provided with a scan or ocr'd version of either the Singing Wires or AE Review articles, we were unable know of this detail. That is when I ocr'd another AE description that describes the primary difference between the original 34A3 and 34A2B as the newer housing being molded to accommodate the newer type-41 handset. It skipped over any mention of a 34A3A model, though that is far from conclusive.
Since no one seems to know the name of the author for the Singing Wires article and because, apparently, the article itself is unavailable, we will gladly accept your conclusion that 32A3A designations were assigned to sets with that handholds molded into the housing. Since it is entirely plausible, I would not be surprised if at some future date, documentation will surface verifying it and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

paul-f

Quote from: G-Man on March 14, 2015, 05:17:03 AM
... And since we were not provided with a scan or ocr'd version of either the Singing Wires or AE Review articles, we were unable know of this detail.

Of course, the Singing Wires article is available to all TCI members on-line in the Members Only area.  We're not at liberty to post copies here.  Hopefully non-members will take the testimony of those of us who have seen the article as evidence that the documentation does in fact exist.

Anyone can view the article simply by joining TCI and accessing the back issues archives.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line