News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone Lamps aren't in style anymore! The new hotness is....

Started by Protel8000, September 28, 2018, 08:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

FABphones

Quote from: twocvbloke on September 29, 2018, 11:50:13 AM
Nah, the digital mindset is 4:43... :)

...and in France it's 04h43 - or of course it could be 16h43.
8)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Jim Stettler

Here is a 500 clock and a gpo lamp for comparison.
Regarding the 500 clock. It does not state is the movement runs counter clockwise.
Decades ago It occurred to me to make a clock with a 5302 dial ring, at that time I couldn't find counter clockwise movement.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Partyline4

Key2871

A clock is better than a huge bulb in the center of a dial..
That bulb deal is hideous. Imagine trying to read with a bulb directly in front of you.
KEN

andre_janew

The only clock I know of that runs counterclockwise is the Nerdian Clock.  I haven't seen one of those in a long time!

Jim Stettler

Quote from: andre_janew on October 02, 2018, 06:23:21 PM
The only clock I know of that runs counterclockwise is the Nerdian Clock.  I haven't seen one of those in a long time!
I used to have a "Through the looking Glass" clock. It ran counterclockwise, and if you looked in the mirror it appeared normal. It was in the shape of a large pocket watch.

I may still have a binary "digital display" You count the lights that are on, in each of the digits to read the time.  and I have a written analog clock at work.  Quarter till, half past ect.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,

FABphones

Quote from: andre_janew on October 02, 2018, 06:23:21 PM

There used to be a largeish one on the Kings Road (New Kings Road end). It's the only one I've ever seen. Outside (on the facade above) McLaren and Westwood's shop in the 70's, It was still there in the 80's, not sure if it is there now, or if it is even working these days. Hope so. It was always a bit of an icon.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble