News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vacations Finds....10 button-2 line

Started by John S, July 30, 2010, 09:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Here are a couple of phones I found, while on vacation. I am not a big fan of princess phones, but these caught my eye.  I bought all 3 of them for 25 bucks at a auction.  I took some pictures so you can see. Two of them are 10 button, 2 line, with the little speaker inside.  They have yellowed over the years, but still in good shape with no cracks. The blue one is a mini wall phone, nice blue all over, also a 10 button.  This one cost me 9 bucks....I could not pass them up...

John

HarrySmith

Nice find! The white ones are perfect candidates for the Retrobright peroxide treatment. Also can probably sell one on eBay after restoring it to more than pay for all ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jsowers

John, those two white Princess phones aren't regular two-line phones. They're meant for the Home Interphone. Some rewiring might be necessary before they would function for two incoming phone lines since in the Interphone, one side was meant for inside the house and the other was for one incoming phone line. The keyswitch toggled between those two lines.

They're very rare and quite valuable, I would think. I don't think I've ever seen Interphone phones made that late and in Touch Tone. Usually they're from the early 60s and rotary. There's a thread on the Forum from about three weeks ago on a 511 that turned out to be an Interphone phone. It also had a speaker inside. I posted some BSPs that show the Princess, 500 and 554 versions of Interphone phones. I wouldn't do any rewiring of those white phones. I think you could easily sell one on eBay and pay for the whole lot and then some.

Your 1554 has been refurbished with 2554 plastics and modularized, so it won't be worth quite as much as an original aqua blue 1554, but it's still a nice phone and so is the red 702BM. You have the best luck getting phones at yard sales and such, and at bargain prices too. Thanks for posting your finds. It gives us all hope.
Jonathan

paul-f

Well done!

The last 12-button 2-line Princess I saw sell on ebay went for over $100.  I'd expect these (even as is, set up for Home Interphone) would do considerably better.

You need to take more vacations!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

John S

Thanks for the post, and info.  I agree with jsowers, these phones are still out there.  You never know what you are going to find out there.  That is the fun part, finding them, and getting them for a great price.......

John

Russ Kirk

Quote from: John S on July 30, 2010, 09:29:12 PM

You never know what you are going to find out there.  That is the fun part, finding them, and getting them for a great price.......

John

Geeze,

When is my turn !!! <grin>

I guess it is west coast curse.

Russ....

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI