Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

they remind me of upside down mickey mouse heads
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

LarryInMichigan

AE_Collector

The first one discussed and pictured is a Leich 901 where as the colored ones are 6xx series I think. Either 601's or are the 605' ...can't recall. Leich 901's most often are Magneto. I have three of them and wouldn't mind getting or converting one of mine to dial. By the way, Leich is pronounced "Like" for those who don't know how to pronounce Leich.

Terry

paul-f

Quote from: Brinybay on September 07, 2010, 01:34:18 PM
Quote from: paul-f on September 07, 2010, 10:22:39 AM
Here are several set up for wall use.

Are these yours?  I like the green one.

The turquoise one is mine.  I have some others that I haven't photographed yet.  The other two are auction photos.  I suspect the "red" one is a lousy photo with the color altered by the background, poor lighting or photo editing software.  It should be like the Western red.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Greg G.

Quote from: ae_collector on September 07, 2010, 02:36:04 PM
By the way, Leich is pronunced "Like" for those who don't know how to pronounce Leich.

Terry

I like Leich!  :D
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Quote from: Brinybay on September 07, 2010, 08:30:18 PM
Quote from: ae_collector on September 07, 2010, 02:36:04 PM
By the way, Leich is pronunced "Like" for those who don't know how to pronounce Leich.

Terry

I like Leich!  :D

Me To Too

Terry

KaiserFrazer67

Quote from: Wallphone on September 07, 2010, 08:50:55 AM
I agree with Larry, you used to be able to buy these all day for $10 and can still find them for that amount. There is one seller on eBay (and his wife) that take the magnetos out of these and constantly get $50 for the magneto alone. That always makes me cringe. Why would someone pay $50 for the magneto when you can get the whole phone for $10? That's what happens when you don't do your homework. The Leich phone is typically one of the most fragile Bakelite phones ever invented.
Dougpav
Just reading this post since I have a couple of Leich 901s, and I gave the magnetos away because I'm converting them to dial operation.

Just a thought:  They're probably getting $50 and up for the magnetos because they're not being used in telephones...  ;D

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-make-a-fish-shocker

-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin --  My CO CLLI & switch: OKFDWIXADS0--GTD-5 EAX

"Problems are merely opportunities in workclothes." -Henry J. Kaiser