"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Introduction - Zipchachacha

Started by Zipchachacha, November 05, 2012, 04:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zipchachacha

Hello, fellow rotary-lovers!
Dennis kindly opened the virtual door for me so I could join. Thanks! We have three rotarys in use at our house.
They are:
a "new case" North Electric Ericofon
a North Galion bakelite job (so beautiful!)
and a great old Western Electric 202. I feel like Myrna Loy when I talk on this one.
I may not post here, much, but I will be reading and learning.
Thanks for existing!
(My user name, Zipchachacha, is a stylized version of rotary dialing.)
Operator, get me the police!

Dan/Panther

ZipChaChaCha;
Welcome to the forum. No wonder you collect phones, in that second photo, you look exactly like an Ericofone.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

wds

Welcome to the forum!  Nice start to your collection - your first phone, the Galion is one of my favorites.  That one is my Living Room phone.  Mine has an extra long cord which is great for talking on the phone, watching tv, and laying on the sofa at the same time.  And the phone's heavy weight keeps it from sliding off the table. 
Dave

dsk

Welcome to the forum. 

dsk

HarrySmith

Welcome ;D

If you have already been reading the forum no doubt you have seen the health warnings for "Phonitis". Be careful! Keep the phones seperated at all times, they will multiply like Tribbles;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

ldj1002

I also like the Boston Terrier :)

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dan/Panther on November 06, 2012, 02:39:11 PM
ZipChaChaCha;
Welcome to the forum. No wonder you collect phones, in that second photo, you look exactly like an Ericofone.

D/P

An OSLO Ericofon! Backwards dial except this one has the super rare backwards letters as well!

Welcome to the forum,

Terry

Dan/Panther

Now that's spooky, because that means he took the photo in a mirror, if it was a phone, why not just take a straight on photo of the phone. This tells me, Zipchachacha, really does look like that. A straight on photo would not be reversed, and why take a photo in a mirror, that would be very difficult.
D/P

Zipchachacha

About that backwards Ericofon:

I (Zipchachacha, a female, actually,) took that photo using the camera of my MacBookPro. The results are invariably backwards. Go figure!
This is me. You'll notice that I do not actually have a dial face.
Thanks for your nice welcomes, by the way!
Operator, get me the police!

Dan/Panther

You is much better to look at then the bottom of an ericofon.
I mean don't get me wrong, I love looking at phones, but if I have a choice, I would much prefer a real person.
D/P

AE_Collector

Quote from: Zipchachacha on November 05, 2012, 04:56:06 PM
(My user name, Zipchachacha, is a stylized version of rotary dialing.)

Took me a minute to get that! Cool, I like it! And you can add more or less "cha's" dependig on the number you are calling.

Terry

twocvbloke

hehe, phonetics of phone dial sounds, could be an interesting way to describe them... :D

The GPO 700 type phones (746 and TMC 1705 (aka 704)) I have usually have a sound which is more "grrrrr-Raaaarrrrrr", with the chachacha clicks mixed in, to my ear, and my WE500s are more "ziiipwooooooo"... :D

I guess it depends on who's dial you have... ;D

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Zipchachacha on November 09, 2012, 10:05:15 PM
About that backwards Ericofon:

I (Zipchachacha, a female, actually,) took that photo using the camera of my MacBookPro. The results are invariably backwards. Go figure!
This is me. You'll notice that I do not actually have a dial face.
Thanks for your nice welcomes, by the way!

Welcome!  You do a much better job of self-photo than I do.  Here's me trying to demonstrate the correct height for my hotel phone and the camera timer times out when I wasn't ready:
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector