News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 283: Nile Green AE 50 - Ended 06-16-17

Started by TelePlay, June 09, 2017, 06:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Just about a day and a half to go to get your guesses, or revised guesses in on this contest.

Everyone except Fabius (who has already changed his guess) can revise their guess one time by putting their new and best guess in a new reply, (I don't go back and look for changes in old posts).

Good luck!

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

TelePlay

Well, what can I say. Seems everyone doesn't have a chance to win this contest. The phone jumped from $410 to $1,675 within the past 12 hours.

Seems this phone took everyone by surprise, including me who thought JimHyak was a bit high. Yeah, what do I know, right?

I usually take the last guess with about 24 hours to go, get in at the guessing dead line, but that would be unfair at this point for me to $1,675 and win the contest by default.

As such, we will extend the guessing period to 10 AM CDST Friday June 16th, about 6 hours before the auction ends, so anyone and everyone gets to change their guess one more time, that includes those who have already changed their guesses.

Essentially, we will begin taking guesses from scratch, zeroing out the scoreboard, which may seem unfair to JimHyak who is the high guesser but still $500 below the current price and there is still an hour to go for any last minute guesses, and starting over.

So, just reply with a guess, your "first and only," with some number over $1,675 and we will see who can guess best.

I will take the last guess at 10 AM Friday morning closing out this short second guessing period.

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

wds

Dave

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

WEBellSystemChristian

$5515.

It might actually be crazy to bid low in this auction... :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

wds

Dave

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

JimHyak

Well I was a bit dismayed this morning to check and find out I was not the winner ;)
I remember an AE 40 in Nile green going for around $3800 not so long ago, and I think more of those exist than the 50. I thought maybe all of you with your low guesses saw something I was missing, so I tempered my guess. I'm going to go for $3850 for "historical" reasons  :)
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!