News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ATC Empress Coversion using WE 702B base as the internals

Started by RotoTech99, August 21, 2014, 11:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

From my post originally submitted in the Restoration and Repair Topic regarding my Empress with the 702B Princess base being used as its internals I can "report" that the hookswitch actuator it currently has is for Empress sets using a separate hokswitch or a network with a integrated hookswitch on the network apparently...

It sits behind the Princess' hookswitch arms with about 1/4' to 1/2' space between them.

Apparently, a different hookswitch actuator or an adaptor to the existing one is needed to allow it to operate the 702B's hookswitch properly that is problematic. Advice or suggestions are welcomed.

BTW: The 702B components function well, it's only getting the Empress sets hook actuator to work the 702B's hookswitch levers.

RotoTech99

From RotoTech99 (eburnett99@yahoo.com)

The practice with the information I am using to install  a 702B Princess base in a ATC Empress is ATC Standard Practice, Section 5-202, August 1974. Section 1, A-M, and Section 1.02 , A-B, and Section 1.03[/b This includes Figures 1 and 2.

This is on pages 1-4 of that practice.

Also, My Empress is the 5300 Deluxe version

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I am apparently without the correct hookswitch actuator to work the 702B's hookswitch levers, or a an adapting piece that would allow the Empress' actuator to work the 702B's hookswitch levers, and need advice/help, please.

Thank You, with Best Regards,
RotoTech99