News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How to Route Dial Cable on 3 Slot?

Started by trainman, March 14, 2016, 01:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainman

Here is the most logical way I can figure out how to route the dial cable to the transfer contacts terminal strip in the upper housings. Is this correct? (Terminal strip removed for clarity.)

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

poplar1

The dial cord in your phone probably should be routed on the left side of the dial as shown here in Figure 2: Notice the clamp on the dial screw that holds the dial cord.

http://telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_details/4859-c42-107-i1-nov49-coin-collectors-multi-slot-prepayment-converted-10-cent-operation-cording

in TCI library.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

trainman

Im showing the transfer contacts terminal strip at the bottom of the upper housing. Terminal strip removed. Using the harness Old Phone Works sells. Not sure if its short, he stripped too much outer jacket off, or im routing it wrong.  The way I had it had the individual wires chaffing on the metal edges of the dial cup and by the tranfer contacts terminal strip.

Stan S

Tony

Route the dial cable straight down from the clamp on the dial mounting screw. Don't run it around the capacitor and the bracket.

The cable hugs the left hand wall of the top until it ends up in back of the terminal board bracket. The Western dial cables come out of the dial hole as separate conductors if the cable is pulled taught. I push it back in the hole after the terminal board end is connected.

Stan S.

trainman

Right Stan. Just let the cable hug the wall. Once the filter is installed,  thats the only way to route it. Once I stopped overthinking it, I saw it.