News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found today at flea market can someone confirm its the German FeTAp 611 please

Started by migette, May 27, 2013, 06:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

migette

This was found today at a local flea market for £3 it has the label removed but think it could be a German phone. The transmitter is by Krone any help please?

Mr. Bones

I'm not at all an expert on European phones, Migette.

That being said, I really like the telephone, and think it was a good deal! I'd love to see more pics, once you get to playing with it more.

Best regards, and happy hunting!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

LarryInMichigan

It looks German to me, but I believe that the German designs were licensed elsewhere, so it could be from another country.

I don't care for the style, but I like the color (or is it colour?).

Larry

DoubleTone

I have one that's almost identical, including the color.  Info here.

Discussion of this type of phone, on this forum, here.

LM Ericsson

Regards,
-Grayson

migette

Thanks for comments on this phone, hopefully I will be showing another phone from Holland this time but its on its way from NY and will not arrive just yet. Grayson, you have many European phones and would know more about this phone will feature it on this site when here, also have a look at flickr many phones there.

LM Ericsson

Does that fingerwheel have a chrome finish on it. Looks like it was replaced by one of those french-style models that had the same dials, but had either a gold finish or chrome finish.
Regards,
-Grayson

Matilo Telephones

It does look like a FeTAp 611. But the dial is odd. Is it silvery?

And the label is ungerman. More like a Dutch label, but it certainly is not a T65.

On he inside of the plastic parts there shouls be makers marks. YOu may want to look inside that hatch at the bottom.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

migette

Arwin this is a mystery phone, the dial is plastic with a metal look. Transmitter is made by Krone receiver cannot make out name. There is no maker under that flap just connectors and the cover is sealed over the screws with the initials BP. It looks like it had been used here in UK with our modular plug but could it be a marriage?

Matilo Telephones

BP, that could very well mean BundesPost. So the (West) German GPO. ALterations like that cord will probably have been made after it left the Bundespost inventory.

Be carefull with these covers. They damage easily. There seems to be a trick to them, to get them out undamaged.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

TeleDK

Hello,

I am from germany and a new member. If there are questions about these phones, I can help.
I collecting more than 30 years german and international phones also payphones from over the world.

In case of the FeTAp 611, this is the name for Fernsprechtischapparat Modell 61 1; this means tabletopphone model 61 (61=year of the model start by the PTT / Post) and the last "1" give the some infomation about the circuit, here 1 = without a transfere key / earthbutton (this phone was produced for use one single Post phonelines).The version for PBX systems with earthbutton is the 612 (2 = with earthbutton)  and FeWAp= Wallversion of the phone

There are more different versions 613, 614, 615 and 616 (615 are the parallel phone version with indicator)

"BP" is the seal of the phone, it give the secure that no people could open the phone. To open the screws, you have to pierce the round white seal and break it out. The BP is the shortversion of "Bundes Post" german PTT.

There is an other very small interessting mark on the dial near by the "0", I believe this mark could be in this version a small "a"; "a"=Siemens  stands for the manufactured company of the dial.
it could be also: d,m,o,f, and more

See also:    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernsprechtischapparat

TeleDK