News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1702 princess

Started by rdelius, October 21, 2010, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

Found this in my storage.Dated on touch pad and ringer 10-64. I thought by modular conversion time, they would not bother to rebuild thede sets.
Robby
Might find nicer plastics and rebuild it.

HarrySmith

I think I have a set of White plastics for that phone if you are interested.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

I do not know what color I would make this. I should at least see if the Touch pad is good. The rebuild date must have been on a sticker. The plastic is marked 5-75.The blanks are held in place with tape and by pressure from the touch pad
when the cover is in place.
Robby

Adam

Quote from: rdelius on October 21, 2010, 04:42:45 PM
I do not know what color I would make this.

I vote for black!   :o
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

paul-f

After the 10-button set plastics were no longer available, the Bell System refurbed just about anything with a 10-button dial using 12-button plastics and the fillers.

The most common, of course were 1500Ds.  If done in the distribution houses, they were usually remarked 1500D2M.
   http://www.paul-f.com/we1500typ.html#Upgrades

While we may be tempted to convert all we find back to the original state, I believe in preserving some as examples of Bell System recycling.  They seem to be scarcer than the original sets.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

baldopeacock

Right after I got out of college in 1977, the phone issued to me by Illinois Bell was a red 1500 with a 12-button faceplate and filler plugs.   I can't remember if it was modular or not, but now I wish I'd held onto it way back then.

It may have been non-modular now that I think back, because I seem to recall thinking that it was a stupid phone because it didn't have the cool plug-in cords.