News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Screen Too Wide, Can't Reply - IE & Firefox

Started by Perry, November 07, 2008, 02:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

My computer just updated itself to IE 8.0 and I began having a problem when replying to a post on this forum.

What happens is that when my typing gets to the bottom of the message box, rather than continuing to scroll like it used to do, and like it should do, the cursor goes out of sight and I cannot see what I am typing.  It is very annoying.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  I probably need to (arghhh) go through the Microsoft (lack of) Knowledge base and wade through the thousands of entries to see what needs to be done or if Microsoft has a patch.

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

HobieSport

Bill have you tried using Firefox instead of IE? I never use IE anymore as Firefox seems much more "user friendly" and blocks those pesky ads better.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

-Matt
-Matt

Dan/Panther

Bill;
That has been a reoccuring problem, that we have not narrowed down to I.E. as of yet. But now that you say You use I.E. and are having the same problem, I think we can start to narrow it down to an I.E. problem. So far most that have the problem, are I.E. users.
I first brought this to Dennis' attention a couple months back. I'm not using I.E. 8.0 yet, and don't think I want to install it. However, I'm still having the problem with old I.E. version.
Let's take A poll to see if it's just I.E. related.
2 votes I.E. so far.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

I'm not having the problem with Firefox. I haven't tried IE 8.0. Like I say, I never use IE at all anymore. I just find it pesky in general.
-Matt

Dan/Panther

On my last computer, I had Firefox, and I liked it, but in retrospect, after installing it, that is when my problems started, ending up in a major meltdown, which I can't pinpoint, but like mentioned, little things started happeneing right after Firefox.
D/P

Bill Cahill

I'm back on my old computer. New one came back "fixed", but, I can't use it for several of the things I need it for.
I was on IE 6 on new one, and, it was doing the same carp.
Get to bottom of page here, and, it went insane. Plus, it would make letter mistakes, and, sentences would go off page.
Old one on IE6 isn't doing that.
Firefox on both computers was making my systen have meltdown problems. Both computers would keep crashing.
Neither one liked it.
Might be an xp problem. Not IE.

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bwanna

IMHO is IE.  my pc operates on WindowsXP, browser is firefox. never experience the "jumpy" problem. got a new laptop, Vista OS. was using IE to browse & had the afore mentioned trouble. so downloaded firefox. no trouble since.

in short, (i know, too late) my vote goes to IE as the culprit. bill & d/p don't know why you meltdown when using firefox. i have used it as my brower for years, never a problem.
donna

HobieSport

Same here as Bwanna; WindowsXP running Firefox for years. Never ever had a problem either. Side note; I may be switching from Windows to Linux soon, at my older son's (I.T. pro) suggestion. Just avoid all that pesky overstuffed Windows software altogether.
-Matt

Phonesrfun

I am running Vista, but it started doing it about the same time as IE 8 came along.  Was not doing it on my computer using Visat and IE 7.

I will try it from work on Monday.  There, I am running XP and I think IE6.

-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Before the problem manifests itself, you must type an entire dialog box before you notice the problem. Just for a test, keep typing in the dialog box, until you fill it up You don't need to post it, just see what happens.
It will not happen until you fill the dialog box.
D/P

Greg G.

I was having the problem a while back, but not anymore.  I've had IE8 installed for some time.  The version # I have is 8.0.6001.18702.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Bill Cahill

Interesting. A new problem..
I just had to leave the forum, and, come back.
The first time after Dan's last post, I had blank white endless page.
Nothing else.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Problem fixed, I was experimenting with the scroll, and failed to delete 1 digit, about 5 pages down.
D/P
Sorry about that.

Dennis Markham

I still have not been able to duplicate the problem.  I too use Firefox 3.10.13.  I'll log on with I.E. and see if it does it with that browser.  I cannot find a problem with the software.  I have been using Mozilla for years and find it to be more problem free.