Just4Phones

Did someone say Dion and the Belmonts???  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c49klxPex-k

Dion at his best IMHO.  
Joel

Dan/Panther

Quote from: JorgeAmely on September 15, 2010, 02:55:24 PM
Quote from: Kennyc1955 on September 15, 2010, 02:45:52 PM
I dont realy like the Beatles I am more of a Dion and the Belmonts kinda guy.

Kenny:

I like whatever she likes.   ;)

If she like Peter Gabriel, you like Peter Gabriel.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Kenny...I was thinking of you today. Gloomy day, highs in the low 60s. I plugged my IPOD into my porch stereo and fired up Abbey Road, its by the Beatles, dontchaknow. That gloomy day just went away. Still cloudy and cold. but not gloomy. Of course, that might have been the Michelobs, but I that's not the point! Put on your Dad's Abbey Road and put on a pair of headphones. Rock & Roll Heaven. Three lead singers and Ringo to boot. Harmony. Instruments. Lyrics. John, Paul, Ringo and George. Its always been the Beatles and then everybody else....Ringo
Kidphone

Kenny C

its been sunny and in the 90's today  ;D
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Kidphone on September 18, 2010, 07:41:54 PM
... Of course, that might have been the Michelobs, but I that's not the point!...

Doug:

Can I bring a six pack as an admission fee for your museum?   ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Doug Rose

Quote from: JorgeAmely on September 18, 2010, 09:30:32 PM
Quote from: Kidphone on September 18, 2010, 07:41:54 PM
... Of course, that might have been the Michelobs, but I that's not the point!...

Doug:

Can I bring a six pack as an admission fee for your museum?   ;D ;D ;D
Jorge...you are always welcome, a six pack is a bonus!....Doug
Kidphone

Wallphone

Here is one of my favorite Beatles songs. If there is such a thing as an underrated Beatles song, this is one of them. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaRz-3DYV7c <
Dougpav

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

Quote from: Wallphone on September 19, 2010, 09:00:44 PM
Here is one of my favorite Beatles songs. If there is such a thing as an underrated Beatles song, this is one of them. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaRz-3DYV7c <
Dougpav
Doug....I haven't seen that in years. Thanks...it was outstanding!!....other Doug
Kidphone

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Adam

By the way, I don't normally like to toot my own horn, but since we are on the subject...

The Beatles is my other life!  I run two very popular sites about the Beatles I'd be happy for you all to check out:

The Internet Beatles Album: http://www.beatlesagain.com/
Beatles News: http://www.beatlesnews.com/

-Dave Haber
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Adam

...and I know this is the Off Topic forum, but here's something that's Beatles and phone related.

This is a picture of John Lennon dialing a phone in the Beatles' fictional flat in the movie Help!
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Gary

Good stroke of luck Dennis getting to meet Paul like that.  I saw him twice in Boston, in 2002 and 2005 and would have loved to talk with him.  I remember before the show just staring at the instruments on the side of the stage with my binoculars thinking of the history behind that actual Hofner bass and Epiphone Texan acoustic guitar.  During the show when he played Yesterday, he announced that the Texan was the exact same guitar he played Yesterday with on the Ed Sullivan Show.  It's nice to get to meet someone like that in a more relaxed manner than some "madness and mayhem" situation for maybe 15 seconds.  I happened to catch John Paul Jones (former Led Zeppelin bass/keyboardist) for a few minutes one time as he was walking back to his hotel room after warming up for a show at a small club in western MA in 1999 to promote his solo album.

The Beatles are amazing and nothing compares to the overall scope of what they did,  They and Zeppelin are easily at the top of my list.  When it comes to unique, original songwriting ability and instrumental skill, NOBODY can match the level of those two bands.  When I was about 6 or 7 years old in the late sixties, the father of a friend on my street worked for Capital Records.  They did one of those kid's carnivals with prizes at their house to raise money for muscular distrophy and I came home with a few Lady Madonna/Inner Light picture sleeve 45's, a Hohner Beatles harmonica and believe it or not....handfulls of Beatles Band-Aids!

I play guitar (don't do much of it now) and after playing in a Zeppelin tribute band 25 years ago, a few years ago my love of The Beatles lead me to collect the same model instruments John played.  Once in a great while I pull them out with a few friends for an afternoon Beatles session.