News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another WE 305

Started by LarryInMichigan, November 04, 2012, 10:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I picked up a WE 305 at the flea market this morning for $12.  The shell is in mostly good condition, except that one of the cradle ears was broken off.  I have never figured out how people managed to break off cradle ears.  The question is whether this phone is worth more as it is or for parts.  I could use the dial and handset.  What do you think?

Larry

Babybearjs

good catch.... replace the cover, and you'll have a real nice 305... I discovered awhile back that alot of 302's were made in a "Generic" fashion so they could be easily modified to work on a 305, and a 410.  Just punch out the hole for the key knob, and you're set... easy fix!   
John

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Babybearjs on November 17, 2012, 07:46:57 PM
good catch.... replace the cover, and you'll have a real nice 305... I discovered awhile back that alot of 302's were made in a "Generic" fashion so they could be easily modified to work on a 305, and a 410.  Just punch out the hole for the key knob, and you're set... easy fix!   

I noticed that also, but the 305 also has a small metal tag which is held by two tiny pins over the switch.  At any rate, the phone is now in the possession of another forum member who, I am sure, will fix it up nicely.

Larry