News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nos cord replacement?

Started by CDK, April 15, 2017, 05:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDK

Does anybody know where I can get a new old stock western electric brown cloth handset cord non  coiled cord the conductors are these three colors red black white. My cord is badly dry rotten.

mentalstampede

Oldphoneworks shows nos we cords as in stock. They also produce a line of high quality reproduction cords.

http://www.oldphoneworks.com/product.php?productid=19199&cat=480&page=1
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

AL_as_needed

I would like to add that their re-pro cloth cords with Rj11 modular ends are quite nice and seem to hold up well. Used them on a 302 project over a year ago and there are no signs of problems yet!. I do recommend putting a drop or two of crazy glue where the cloth terminates to prevent possible fraying.
TWinbrook7

poplar1

Quote from: mentalstampede on April 15, 2017, 05:43:15 PM
Oldphoneworks shows nos we cords as in stock. They also produce a line of high quality reproduction cords.

http://www.oldphoneworks.com/product.php?productid=19199&cat=480&page=1

This is actually a used cord. Western Electric Part number for this cord is H3C (or H3C-9 to include the brown color).

This is an "A" condition cord in excellent condition with no rips, fraying or paint spatters.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

CDK

I purchased the handset cord from old phone works, it wasn't cheap, $34.25 after shipping. I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail, can't wait to get it.

mazda_matt

Quote from: CDK on April 20, 2017, 09:25:12 AM
I purchased the handset cord from old phone works, it wasn't cheap, $34.25 after shipping. I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail, can't wait to get it.

Thanks for the order CDK!

-MM
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)