Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

WesternElectricBen

Right. False advertising, but it got you to click on it. :)

Ben

Kenton K

rdelius

I do not think it it even a 302 set. Note the hex headed screws underneith.these uasually hold added parts such as switches or impedcence coils

TelePlay

Quote from: rdelius on April 23, 2014, 12:24:43 PM
I do not think it it even a 302 set. Note the hex headed screws underneith.these uasually hold added parts such as switches or impedcence coils

I just added the bottom photo to the first post in this topic.

It has and F1W handset so that alone makes it something other than a WE 302. So, $99, even with free shipping, is a bit too high for me just to resolve my curiosity.

davidbholcomb

I asked the seller to post a picture of the inside of the phone and an image is now in the listing.
Dave, who still needs a Transmitter Bracket for the Automatic Electric Type 38 Handset.

TelePlay

For posterity, here they are. New contest: Name That Phone or Count the Mods and Name Them.

rdelius

Fabius

Quote from: rdelius on April 24, 2014, 10:02:53 AM
I think this is a 307 set

I'm not knowledgeable about the 300 series family. What is a 307 and is it common? Thanks.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

poplar1

Quote from: Fabius on April 24, 2014, 10:46:56 AM
Quote from: rdelius on April 24, 2014, 10:02:53 AM
I think this is a 307 set

I'm not knowledgeable about the 300 series family. What is a 307 and is it common? Thanks.

307 has an H-7 telephone set mounting. It is used for local battery talk, common battery signaling. In other words, on a regular telephone line that is too far from the central office so a battery is needed to boost the talking signal.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

Quote from: TelePlay on April 23, 2014, 08:02:14 PM
Quote from: rdelius on April 23, 2014, 12:24:43 PM

I just added the bottom photo to the first post in this topic.

It has and F1W handset so that alone makes it something other than a WE 302. So, $99, even with free shipping, is a bit too high for me just to resolve my curiosity.

An F1W handset does not necessarily mean a phone is not a 302. 302s were sold to independents as well as to the Bell System companies. These phones sold to others were not marked Bell System. A typical 302 with Bell System markings on the handset would be coded 302G-3, and the same phone with an F1W handset would be coded 302GW-3. The W in "F1W" and in "302GW" means without Bell System markings.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.