News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I am retiring May 31, 2013!

Started by AE_Collector, April 14, 2013, 12:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

when I hit 55 even though I say I am getting my pension I am the type of person who can t sit still and would go crazy if I tried to retire :) my father retired on his 55th birthday and that did not last long though he returned to work in his 60s and several times tried in that decade and right back to work again ;D he then entered his 70s and went back doing something that he started out with in 1958, teaching, finally he retired permanently at age 74,but still stays active at age 78.he competes in triatholons(swim, bike and run), I am much like him and will enjoy the benefits of a pension and working at the same time, anyway congradulations I hope that your post career ventures are really good ones :) ;)

JorgeAmely

Congrats Terry!

Now you have time to sand and polish the Gray AE80, whose close relative lives in my house.
Jorge

AE_Collector

Yeah...hhmmm.....I still don't know if I will have the time to do that! Maybe I should give that a try at some point in time.

I would really like to do some restoration on the phones I have to make them more presentable. For the most part all that they have ever had was a quick cleaning and then tossed onto a display shelf.

Thanks Jorge!

Terry

mienaichizu

congrats! but don't retire in helping us here at the forums

AE_Collector

I won't be able to walk away from the CRPF as easily as I will be able to walk away from work on May 31! Not that I help around here much, everyone who joins and posts helps everyone else!

Thanks for the good wishes mienaichizu! Is that your cat in your avatar?

Terry

McHeath

Congrads on the impending retirement Terry.  Or as we who are many years from it say, "you lucky dog you". ;D

There was a news article recently about a teacher down in LA who just retired, she's 94.  Started teaching in 1949.   :o  She's got us all beat. 

AE_Collector

I wonder what grades she taught? Must not be a bunch of smart ass teenagers or she would have quit in 1950!  That's amazing!

Terry

JorgeAmely

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 14, 2013, 03:34:44 PM
Yeah...hhmmm.....I still don't know if I will have the time to do that! Maybe I should give that a try at some point in time.

I would really like to do some restoration on the phones I have to make them more presentable. For the most part all that they have ever had was a quick cleaning and then tossed onto a display shelf.

Thanks Jorge!

Terry

I do house calls.   ;D
Jorge

AE_Collector

Do you do Windows as well?

Come on UP and bring sandpaper. It's only 1250 miles due north of you to Vancouver. You can stay in either the Gary Goff room or the Remco Enthoven room.

Terry

stub

Congratulations on the retirement, Terry! I hope this doesn't mean the prices of your phones will go up!!! ;D  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 16, 2013, 01:03:34 AM
Come on UP and bring sandpaper. It's only 1250 miles due north of you to Vancouver.

Terry

Allow an extra couple of hours for your trip Jorge now that a truck has ripped down a piece of the Skagit River bridge between Seattle and Vancouver.

On friday evening i went to what we always called a "Beer Up" for the 19 of us who are retiring in the Vancouver area. It was at a local pub. Good thing it is a large facility as there had to be a couple hundred people there. Had lots of fun.

Now it is down to my last week of work. One more Monday to Friday to go. I hope I get everything on my to-do list done on time!

Terry

Tom B

Last week in work...nice place to be, Terry. I turn 55 in March next year. After that who knows what will happen for me, but the pressure will be off as I can take severance and draw my pension whenever I choose ;D
Tom

JorgeAmely

Here is a picture of a lucky dog.
Jorge

Jim Stettler

Congratulations Terry,
I guess this means you can make the KS show this Spring,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

This Spring...or Next Spring? This spring is starting to run out of days!

Planning my detour route trying to get to Bill's Seattle Phone show from Vancouver with a bridge on the I-5 knocked out by a truck, I may find myself cutting through Kansas trying to get to Seattle this summer.

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. It has been a paperwork nightmare but I'm almost there!

Terry