News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Busy Signal Only

Started by bitbucket, May 23, 2020, 02:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitbucket

This lime green beauty is (I think) a 233g. It's only trick currently is to give a busy signal when taken off hook. Can anyone offer troubleshooting suggestions based on the attached photos?

rcourtney

What is it connected to?
Do you have a volt/ohm meter?
My first thought is it does not disconnect and dialtone is timing out.

Key2871

That was my thought as well, I thought I had a diagram for that decorator set, but I can't find it.
KEN

Stan S

See attached

Stan S

Maybe a little better.

Key2871

There it is, I knew someone must have it..
KEN

bitbucket

Yes, I have a multimeter. Can you guide me to what I need to check?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: The phone is hooked up to a port on a digium tdm800p analog adapter card. I've tried connecting it to a known good port on the same card. The problem follows the phone.

rcourtney

Does Stan's diagram come close to your phone's wiring?  Is the network in the coin box with a bell?   Lets disconnect the bell first.

Stan S

Bitbucket 
Double check that you connected the phone line to the screw terminals R and Y on the hook switch/transfer contact assembly. From the pictures it doesn't seem like you did.
Stan S.

Key2871

Rc, the network is behind the metal shute made to direct coins to the vault.
There may be a gong in the vault area, but no network.

Yes it's important that the wiring is as in the diagram Stan provided, go from there and see if it works right, then from that trouble shooting can start.
KEN

bitbucket

Well that turned out to be easy. I did, in fact, have the line terminated incorrectly. For reasons I can't explain, I'd connected the telephone line to T and TR instead of R and Y.

Key2871

Awsome, good catch glad it's working.
KEN