News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Tonyrotary, March 24, 2009, 03:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

I found this forum by browsing and finding Dennis's site. I am 38 and have been bitten by old phones! I bought my first rotary a Northern Electric 554 a couple of years ago and I love it. Got married last year and turns out my wife loves old rotary phones as well. Just located a white Princess phone on oldphoneworks and bought it for her along with the transformer to light it up.

I am currently deployed with the Hawaii National Guard but 4 more months to go and will be home. Will be moving to a larger apartment then and already the wife is talking of getting a 354 wall phone for the kitchen....lol. I told her we will probably go deaf with having 3 phones with real bell ringers ringing....lol. I just want to say it bis nice to find others that are interested in this hobby as well!

contraste

From one newbie to another, welcome!

Tonyrotary

HobieSport

Hi Tony,  Obviously you married the right woman. :D

354s look great IMHO.  Welcome!  -Matt

Dennis Markham

Tony, Welcome to the Forum!  There are nice bunch of member here that will be glad to help you out with a problem or just talk about old phones---and other things too.  I hope your deployment is a safe one and that you can log on and join in when you are able.  We look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Dan/Panther

Welcome;
Don't believe anything anyone says bad about me...
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

Quote from: Dan/Panther on March 24, 2009, 05:12:44 PM
Welcome;
Don't believe anything anyone says bad about me...
D/P

Actually, he means don't believe anything good about him.  :D
Welcome to our forums. Have a very safe trhip home.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

AET

Welcome to the forum!!!
- Tom

rp2813

Welcome to the Forum Tony.  This place seems to get more interesting by the day so have fun here.

Ralph
Ralph

Bill Cahill

"Hey, Ralphie boy!"
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

Welcome.  The 354 is a very sweet design, I have this one in my kitchen as our main house phone.  Luckily my wife enjoys the old phones as well.

BDM

Hmmm, 354 with a G handset
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

HobieSport

I know it just ain't right, but I could see a G1 on a 354, for day to day use.  I just find the G1s a lot more comfortable than the F1.  Heath, did it come that way from someone previously swapping the handset, or did you do it on purpose?  Nothing escapes the keen eye for authenticity of BDM.  I was too busy to notice while admiring the honey colored paneling. ;)

McHeath

This phone was hanging in the garage and has probably been there since the house was built in 66', it had the G handset on it when I bought the place.  The handset elements, handset itself, and cord were all dated to 1970.  Probably a field changeout by a Bell System techie is my guess.  It works well with the G handset and the lines of the 354 seem better suited to it than to the F series handset. 

Tonyrotary

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I look foward to learning more about these rotary phones. That is a nice 354 McHeath. I still am learning all the terminology of phones but did notice the different handset on that 354. Still looks sweet to me.

Thanks Hobiesport, I think I married the right woman also. She also likes my other hobby of firearms as well. I think I have a keeper!

Only 4 more months of this deployment and will be home!