"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lot of NIB TA-222/PT

Started by dsk, January 26, 2019, 02:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

Yeah! I am jealous!  ;D
Is there a dial in a box that will hook to the side of the cabinet?
I keep picturing the German wood switchboard.
Bet this will look awesome when finished!

dsk

This is the trunk:

dsk

I am waiting and waiting for the spring loaded wire terminals ::)

It is close to finished.  I have to determine how to connect the 4 wires I may need for the trunk unit.  I do not have to but 2 terminals for the operators set direct to the trunk may be nice to have, and it will be equal wiring to the SB-22 used for the dial pad.   Today the ground is a rough screw terminal, and will together with another screw terminal make the buzzer buss even when the trunk receives a call. 
So I have 3 options:  The ground/buzz terminal #1 will be a screw terminal, so:
1) Should the 3 others be spring loaded?

2) Should the other buzz terminal be screw terminal (as on picture) and the 2 trunk terminals be spring-loaded?  OR
3) All 4 terminals should be screw terminals with banana plug possibility?
The pictures shows just where I am today.

dsk

19and41

In my communications platoon, my platoon sergeant was always building things for the shop.  I bet he would have been quite impressed with a SB-22 cabinet made of wood!  Great work!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

RB

Quote from: dsk on March 04, 2019, 12:50:18 PM
So I have 3 options:  The ground/buzz terminal #1 will be a screw terminal, so:

1) Should the 3 others be spring loaded?
2) Should the other buzz terminal be screw terminal (as on picture) and the 2 trunk terminals be spring-loaded?  OR
3) All 4 terminals should be screw terminals with banana plug possibility?

I think option #2 8)

dsk

Yes, I go for option #2

Here is some more pictures, I guess it is finished,...almost  ;)   The buzz contact on the trunk should need adjustment, and the operators plug should not be red, but it is actually an ordinary stereo plug in each end of the cable.

dsk

Key2871

Nice, I was wondering what the black thing was on the right.
That light is a great touch, in dark areas that lights the area very well. Are those push spring terminals?
They look like a good quality, nice job all around.

Ken
KEN

19and41

That light is indeed a nice touch.  When I used to have to take my turn  working the switchboard, though,  most often it was in very dimly lit conditions relying on the luminous indicators in each of the packs.  Any brighter lights would have ruined our night vision, very important for finding the right place to relieve ones self, outside.   :D
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

The black thing on the left is the German WWii Trunk, push spring terminals, yes.  The light is possible to adjust in 2 different strengths, but would still be harmful for the night vision, it is chosen because I had it and it solves my needs.  In a real field situation it should have been covered by e.g. red plastic.

dsk

19and41

It's nice to see you will get good use from those line packs.
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

Quote from: 19and41 on March 06, 2019, 02:39:14 PM
It's nice to see you will get good use from those line packs.

Sometimes I just need a project, just to have something different to use my mind and my hands to do. It is a kind of mental health care  8) 

Key2871

It's good to keep busy, keeps your mind limber as well as the body. You did a great job with that, it's very cool to use older stuff and have a new use for it.

Ken
KEN

dsk

One result of this project is that I now have anoterr exchange for sale.  It may be a better and more advanced one, but I have not made it by myselves  ;D

I hope I may get back my NOK 900 that I payed for it ...

dsk

dsk

Yes it is sold for NOK 900!
dsk

dsk

Quote from: dsk on March 06, 2019, 01:40:12 PM
Yes, I go for option #2

Here is some more pictures, I guess it is finished,...almost  ;)   The buzz contact on the trunk should need adjustment, and the operators plug should not be red, but it is actually an ordinary stereo plug in each end of the cable.

dsk
Now I may compare it with the real SB-22/PT
Size is pretty equal, and I have simplified the operators pack, it is fixed to the cabinet and not a plug-able pack as the line-packs.

The DIY version has not a dim night light, since it is made for my use, it has no visual alarm lamp, only buzzer, I can not use a ringing generator, but have to crank, and the operation will always work equal to if the SB-22 is operated in Ring-back position. That makes it wise to plug the operators plug in to the pack to whom receive the ringing signal, and then plug in the calling party.
dsk