News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stubborn GPO dial screw

Started by cloyd, June 25, 2016, 06:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

Be very careful not to let those come in contact with any plastic parts you want to preserve. 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

cloyd

OK, that is very good to know!
Thank you,
Tina
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

19and41

Acetone will also attack paint as well.  Just don't want you to have any accidents with it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Quote from: TelePlay on June 26, 2016, 09:19:36 PM
From use on my fan motor, I can tell you it is smelly, it sticks to everything, it is hard to remove from anything it touches, it can irritate skin (reactions or burns of some people) and it is hard to wash off your hands. Just getting it from the plastic bottle to where ever it is to be used can create stuff to be cleaned (funnels, cups, whatever) and since it is water unsoluable, it's like cleaning a liquid wax off the surfaces.

Other than that, it is a great lubricant so I can see where it would work well as a home brew penetrating oil . . .

Hah, today I found the stuff I was using. It was/is Dexron III / Mercon ATF with my quart bottled by NAPA. Still the same qualities and properties as above including a great lubricant.

Having found it, now I can try some of the tips given in this topic.