News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Best way to wire up a collection? (PBX)

Started by AL_as_needed, May 03, 2016, 02:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I bought a KX-T61630. It looks different? Any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-KX-T61630-/172251609447 ?hash=item281afef967:g:AvUAAOSwOVpXbChH
Gary

unbeldi

Quote from: oldguy on June 25, 2016, 07:42:21 PM
I bought a KX-T61630. It looks different? Any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-KX-T61630-/172251609447 ?hash=item281afef967:g:AvUAAOSwOVpXbChH

Looks nice, not different.

TelePlay

And at a very good price. Why do you think it looks different? What do you see? Looks like a 61630 to me.

oldguy

The other ones I've seem look like this, more button on the top. but if it programs, I'm ok with it.
Gary

unbeldi

Quote from: oldguy on June 26, 2016, 06:28:40 PM
The other ones I've seem look like this, more button on the top. but if it programs, I'm ok with it.

That's a more modern style, for a later type of system, but it isn't a 30-type, it doesn't have a display.

I think it is a 7000-series telephone.

oldguy

Thanks unbeldi, I just searched kx-t61630 to get the picture. I should have paid more attention. Anyway, the idea was the style & the number of buttons at the top.
Gary

oldguy

I finally found a picture of another KX-T61630 & it is identical. As silly as this may seem, the fact that it is so white & the other phones I have seen are yellowed my have had something to do with the confusion. anyway, it was a good price & looks like new. I'm thankful since I tend to be cheap, always looking for a deal. The top one is the one I bought & the bottom one is a picture from an ad.
Gary

Pourme

Doesn't look like the same phone, Gary....

It should clean up though..Excellent price. I could never even find one of those when I was looking for one.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

oldguy

I received my KX-T61630. I was impressed that it wasn't yellowed. It doesn't seem to work. Plugged it into my 616 with a 4 wire cord, into EXT.11. the phone acts dead. this seems to be a common issue from what I have read here. I tried another line cord, same results, no display, no dial tone. I haven't read the other posts yet but I think Tina & Benny had similar issues. Any suggestions?   
Gary

unbeldi

Does it work on a standard telephone line when the switch is set to power fail mode?
You should get dial tone and can dial, but it won't ring.

oldguy

yes it works in "Power Failure" mode on the 616 & POTS line. When I get a few minutes, I think I will get my 308 out & see if it works on that.
Gary

oldguy

The 61630 phone is plugged into Ext. 23 & I get time & date & the phone has dial tone & dials other phones on the 616. So it seems like the phone is ok but Ext. 11 on the 61610 has a problem. does anybody know how to test the outer terminals on Ext. 11? Voltage? I did a visual inspection & the 4 contacts look good, they are all 4 sticking down at what looks like a good angle & are even. The phone works on Ext. 11 on my 308! I was able to program the time into the 308, so I guess the phone is good. Not bad for $15.00 & $11.14 shipping. Just like most of the PT problems, operator error. now I still have to try to fix the 616.
Gary

unbeldi

Quote from: oldguy on July 02, 2016, 08:01:11 PM
The 61630 phone is plugged into Ext. 23 & I get time & date & the phone has dial tone & dials other phones on the 616. So it seems like the phone is ok but Ext. 11 on the 61610 has a problem. does anybody know how to test the outer terminals on Ext. 11? Voltage? I did a visual inspection & the 4 contacts look good, they are all 4 sticking down at what looks like a good angle & are even. The phone works on Ext. 11 on my 308!

The voltage on the outer pins of the jack should be ca. 13 volts.
We have seen several failures of the digital function of ports.  Is it working on any other than Ext. 23?   Often they fail in groups of eight, 11-18 and 19-26, because the logic is split up like that internally.

oldguy

I updated my previous post, phone is fine. Thanks unbeldi, your always a great source of information. now if your wife would just appreciate you as much as we do :) I got 11.44V DC on the 308 & 0.0V on the 616, not good.
Gary