News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Grandstream Modem compatibility

Started by Babybearjs, June 19, 2019, 07:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well guys... I'm pretty much done. I have 2 grandstream HT701's and both of them fail at using analog ROTARY phones. I've tried several times to dial out through these units and every time the same results.... nothing... since I use mainly rotary phones on my system, I pulled the units and put them away for now. Shane may be getting them back. (I just need his mailing address) since there is no way for the end user to configure them, I'm done playing with C*Net. what a waste of time....
John

Jack Ryan

I don't think 701s ever had working support for pulse dialling.

The HT502 does and I think some of the 80x do so long as the dial is adjusted reasonably and the line doesn't ring (is not under damped).

These are ATAs, not modems.

The title is a generalisation that only applies to some ATAs and not because they are faulty, because they do not support pulse dialling.

I am happy to report that AG Bell and his contemporaries has a somewhat more determined attitude to telephony ;-)

Regards
Jack

Babybearjs

:D Thanks Jack! that info does answer a lot of the questions I have about them. I'm pretty much done with C*Net... since they can't have ata's that are fully compatible, I'll just step out. It really was interesting using it while I could... but since things seemed to have evolved with C*Net, I'm no longer interested in it... Never did use it anyway. Phil McCarter got me started on it and up until 7 years ago... it was OK.... now, its just another toy. (always has been) I hope all you switchers have fun playing with it!
John