News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pvt-telco's Collection

Started by southernphoneman, March 22, 2013, 09:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contempra

oh its a good price for this red phone :) thanks you for the response.

southernphoneman

Hi, I just bought my first ever automatic electric telephone pictured below, and also there is a photo of the base, can someone tell me what the black numbers represent, thankyou, Gregg.

WesternElectricBen

Very nice, love those AE 40's. I only have one myself, that still needs for me to finish restoring it.

How much was it? I really like that number card, very stylish. (just like these phones)

Ben

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on November 21, 2013, 07:30:17 PM
Very nice, love those AE 40's. I only have one myself, that still needs for me to finish restoring it.

How much was it? I really like that number card, very stylish. (just like these phones)

Ben
thank you Ben, it was 49 dollars and change, I wasn t a big fan of AE phone until lately when they started to grow on me, and I don t even know if I paid to much or not, on ebay there price varied from 25 dollars to over 1000 dollars, Gregg

WesternElectricBen

I am not the price master for phones but I would say you got a pretty good deal!

I'm not a big fan on the AE's either.. Though, some I think look really cool and some like the 80E look too blocky and ugly.

Ben

southernphoneman

here is my first 2 tones 500 won on ebay a few minuts ago, Gregg

WesternElectricBen

Very cool, I am still yet to buy one. Though, I did just pick up a 1964 yellow phone.

Ben

Contempra

What's the difference between ' Automatic Électric phone and the other .?. excuse my ignorance ;)

WesternElectricBen

Gregg,

I'm sure you already thought this through, but you might want to sand down the bottom of the AE 40 where it is rusty. If you have a dremel you can buy a bit that will work well grinding down the rust.

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Cool.

I had to do the same with my AE 40, just add a line cord. Though, I just cannot find a good way to shine it.

Ben

poplar1

Quote from: southernphoneman on December 01, 2013, 04:17:38 PM
Ben, thank you for your compliment,

and contempra, the difference I believe that western electric and automatic electric are just 2 companies who made beautiful telephones for the bell system, Gregg

In most cases Bell companies in the U.S.--at least for most of the 20th century--used Western Electric phones, Bell Canada used Northern Electric. Automatic Electric phones were seldom used by the Bell System; rather they were used by independents.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

Very nice, I was looking at that, but I didn't have the funds.

That pink one looks especially nice.

Ben

HarrySmith

Nice haul ;D Works out to around $12.50 per phone, not bad. That is some line cord on the Pink one! A little polish and put them back on eBay for twice as much :o

Did you get the two-tone 500 yet? Is it original?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Oh well, nice try. Looks like you got some two-tone possibilties in this new group. Green and white? Brown & white? ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Contempra

Nice lot of fun (phone) :D.. now I think about the shipping... ;)