News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wood Collection

Started by HarrySmith, November 08, 2017, 09:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

If anyone is looking to add some wood to thier collection, here is your chance! A seller on eBay is selling a buch of wood phones pretty cheap. All phones are priced at $160.00 or Best Offer and he is offering shipping at $40.00. The eBay name is Antiquetelephonesusa. Here is a link to his listings

Wood Phone Collection for sale
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

This must be the CTPPF portion of his collection!  "Cathedral Top Picture Frame Front"

Or, that was all he collected.

Terry

TelePlay

Seller has low feedback at (26) but all positive and the seller has sold 16 similar phones to date for about the same price

Sold Wood Phones

Makes me wonder where or how all those phones came to be in one place and for sale at one time at the same price.

wds

He actually has hundreds of phones.  he is a very old collector and I have a link to his web site, but i don't have access to it from work.  I think his children are selling off all his phones.   I'll post the link tonight.  I've spoken to him in the past but at the time he was asking too much for the wood phones, but now his prices are pretty good.  He also sells under two different Ebay names. 
Dave

TelePlay

Quote from: wds on November 08, 2017, 11:36:40 AM
He actually has hundreds of phones.    . . . .     I think his children are selling off all his phones.     . . . .     He also sells under two different Ebay names.

Makes sense in that his children may have created a new eBay account recently to use in selling the phones.

Haf

Maybe the seller reads here...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Telephone-Oak-Wesco-Wooden-Wall-Phone-Singlebox-RINGS-WHEN-CRANKED/263307215501

?hash=item3d4e55428d:g:GLQAAOSwN~paAn5Q

new listing and $224 BIN ;)
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

poplar1

I purchased two phones from "jeffreythethird" about a year ago -- a WE 301A fiddleback and a Mechanics Supply (Quebec) single box. Here is part of an email from the seller:

this phone was part of my grandfather's collection of phones collected over 50 years.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Sargeguy

I may have to save the pictures from these auctions. It would make a good reference for these often hard to ID phones!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

Dave

Greg G.

Quote from: wds on November 08, 2017, 11:36:40 AM
... I think his children are selling off all his phones.  ...

I hope they know how to pack them properly.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e