News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I'm new here.

Started by Steve, December 20, 2008, 06:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

QuoteIs this one of the copper pull down lamps you're speaking about?  http://tinyurl.com/7vd3dt

That's the idea.  I'll take some pics of the lamps and post them.  This one on ebay is a little more ornate than my brass one, mine has sleeker lines.  My other one has actually got a faux stained glass looking top glass.  Originally my house had three of them, one in the kitchen, one in the living room, and one in the study.  In a moment of utter stupidity I threw the one in the kitchen away when I moved in, thinking:

"Who the hell wants an old goofy 60's light in their kitchen anyway?"

I replaced it with a totally boring modern fluorescent job, one of those flat deals with the tube lights that hugs the ceiling and has all the character and charm of a cardboard box. 

Bill Cahill

Quote from: Steve on December 20, 2008, 06:24:22 PM

Hello board, my name is Steve and I'm new to this forum. didn't see a dedicated spot for introductions, so I hope this is Okay here.

I collect old stuff but only have a few old phones (so far)

I have an old 202 I picked up 20 years ago that was rebuilt when I got it.
a black 500 series from 57, that Ma bell refurbed in 73.
I also have a phone like we had when I was growing up. a 64 554 in turquoise! It took a long time to find one in that color that wasn't a fortune , but the hunt was worth it.

NOW.... I seem to have caught the bug. I find myself looking for more!

I'm hoping to find an Ivory 354 that I can afford. heck, if it takes too long I might have to console myself in the meantime with a black one :)

Sorry I'm late Steve, but, welcome to the forum....
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."