News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg 925 Signal Corps

Started by LarryInMichigan, July 20, 2011, 02:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I found this phone on-line last week for $65 plus $11 shipping.  I have been wanting a Kellogg 925, but they are very difficult to find for affordable prices without chips and cracks.  The phone arrived this Monday.  The bakelite is in excellent condition with some minor scratches but no chips or cracks (at least not yet).  It looks like it has had very little use.  The handset however, was quite worn, so I replaced it with another one I had which was in much better shape.  I also added a chrome AE dial.  The cords are in excellent condition.  The handset cord is brown cloth, and the line cord is black rubber.

On the inside of the phone shell is the familiar Army Signal Corps vermillion stamp.  On the bottom of the base is another vermillion stamp with  "SC 436 A".  I wonder if the "436" is a date.  The phone works, but the two ringer wires had been snipped very close to the ringer, so I stripped and soldered them back.  Also, like nearly all of my Kelloggs, the transmitter generates alot of static.

Larry

HarrySmith

Cool looking phone! And not a bad price.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Very nice, Larry.  Congratulations on your purchase.  The dial looks great on there.