News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2554 ringer

Started by podor, October 08, 2015, 09:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

podor

I picked up a very nice 2554 for a super price, but it's missing the ringer. I have a parts trimline and was wondering if I can adapt the ringer to fit the 2554. I can't find any good pictures of how it mounts. It looks like the correct ringer would have a plastic bracket that the bell mounts to. Any assistance would be appreciated.

G-Man

Without knowing the manufacturer it is difficult state which ringer should be installed in your set.

For an ITT/Cortelco, 148-series is specified. Western Electric calls for "the two-lead P1D ringer replaces the PIA or P3A (2554BMPG)." I haven't bothered to look up Stromberg Carlson until we know what you have.

In the meantime, here is an image from an ITT Practice showing the mounting of a 148-series ringer.

podor

Sorry. It's a WE from '74.

podor

The ringer I have I believe is a P3A. In the trimline, it mounts directly to the base of the phone. In the 2554, it needs the plate show below. It's no big deal. I was just hoping to use what I already have. Shipping alone on a parts phone will be more than what I paid for this one. I'm just being thrifty.