News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 295: New Red AE 40 Project Phone - Ended 10-16-17

Started by TelePlay, October 12, 2017, 03:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

New forum members are very welcome and encouraged to take a guess. After all, there are no wrong guesses, just one lucky one. No one knows the winning bid on any auction until it ends. However, it is important to get your guess in before someone else grabs your guess.

( Hey, I just post what's stated on eBay. )

Listed about 3 days ago in a 7 day auction with no reserve ( with thanks to Fabius for the tip ) and starting at $25.00 is an red AE 40 Project Phone. The seller provided only external pictures. Since being listed, the phone received 11 bids from 10 buyers increasing the price to $76. With 4 days left in the auction, the big question is exactly how much higher the price will go. Should be a difficult guess given the dilemma of a red AE 40 in somewhat less than pristine condition.

NOTE:  We will use a $5 gap rule between guesses to prevent crowding. As such, keep your guess at least $5 away from prior guesses for this contest. All guesses, original and a single allowed revised guess if needed, must be submitted at least 24 hours before the auction ends.

The seller listed it as a "Rare Art Deco RED Monophone Automatic Electric Bakelite Telephone - 4U2RESTORE" with the item condition as "New" and " - - - " and with the auction listing description saying "Rare Art Deco Vintage American Electric Monophone Desk Style telephone in fire engine red. I assume the phone is bakelite and it was originally red. Mechanically the overall condition is poor, however, I have never seen one in red. The only issue that I see with the case is what appears to be cigarette burn on the receiver. See pics. The phone appears complete but will obviously need complete restoration."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322816302912

It's another chance to move up a rung or to get onto the CRPF -> Contest Standings <- list,

. . . for as twocvbloke said,   ---> "You gotta be in it to win it !!!" ;D "

If you want to see the phones of past Auction Contests, click -> HERE <-

S C O R E B O A R D      Players: 6   

$    175.57 - TelePlay  ( 6 )
$    225.00 - Sargeguy  ( 9)**
$    250.00 - wds  ( 7 )**  -> WINNER - Final Selling Price $239.50
$    312.00 - tallguy58  ( 5 )
$    376.00 - Fabius  ( 4 )
$    390.77 - Dan/Panther  ( 10 )**T-5
$    400.00 - Haf  ( 8 )**
$    444.00 - skyrider  ( 2 )
$    909.09 - Russ Kirk  ( 3 )
$ 1,850.00 - HarrySmith  ( 1 )

Early Morning Auction Status

10-09-17      Listed     $      25.00
10-10-17     3 bids      $      30.00  (   3 bidders )
10-11-17     7 bids      $      55.00  (   6 bidders )
10-12-17   10 bids      $      75.00  (   9 bidders )
10-13-17   11 bids      $      76.00  ( 10 bidders & 41 - #7 )
10-14-17   12 bids      $      78.00  ( 11 bidders & 42 - #9 )
10-15-17   12 bids      $      78.00  ( 11 bidders & 46 - #5 )
10-16-17   14 bids      $      82.70  ( 11 bidders & 47 - #5 )
10-16-17   13 bidders, 20 bids  $239.50  Ended at 2:04:53PM PDT

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

Haf

Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

TelePlay

BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .           BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .           BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .                BREAKING NEWS!   Houston, we have a tie . . .

And the winner of Auction Contest #295 is wds who with the 7th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $250.00 giving him his 22nd auction contest win tying him with Sargeguy giving the Forum "Grand Champions" in the auction contests. How about that? So, once again, our congratulations go out to wds for this remarkable win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings, this time up into the rare air rung of no one above them.

The phone was listed at $25.00 in a 7 day auction with no reserve and rose steadily over the 6 days to $82. It increased to $132 several hours before end time and than with their first and only bid of the auction it was a relatively new eBay buyer a***c ( 75 ) who place a snipe with 5 seconds to go to take the phone home for $239.50. The auction saw 13 bidders placing 20 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 295 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

And, by the way, if anyone is interested in taking over the Auction Contest board starting with contest 301, send me a PM.      Let's talk . . .

wds

Well Sargeguy - it took a long time, but I finally caught you! 
Dave

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409