News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Transfer logo to telephone ??

Started by dsk, February 03, 2016, 03:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

I know it is a lot of experts here making the phones look like new, I  use to just get them working, so my question is how to transfer a logo to a new painted telephone?

I have tried some with water slide decals, but it hasn't turned out good enough.

I have heard about laser-printing mirrored logo to an overhead foil, and then spray-paint the foil with the cabinet paint are clear paint, and then just let the plastic foil sit in the right place until the paint is dry. I have tried it but did not get a sharp picture, but it may be close to good result. 

Any experience out there?

dsk

Dan/Panther

I make my own decals.
I print them on,  Papilio.com  paper.
After I apply them I clearcoat with Deft Clear gloss Lacquer.
Here are a couple examples I've done.
First is on metal, the second on wood.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

dsk

countryman

I'm trying to restore this German W28 number ring. Repros are not available. Good original ones are rare and usually already sit on a well kept dial.
Would the water slide decal material work? Better slide on the individual numbers or the entire ring? Or use a glossy adhesive sticker sheet that is also available for laser and even inkjet printers? That way the existing rest of the numbers would be covered up.
The ring is enameled and almost flat. I have a good one that I could scan.

Edited to add pic

Babybearjs

cool! we need some for Centurylink Telecom!
John

RB

I would try a whole piece decal on sticky back paper...or plastic.
That would be tons easier than individual numbers

phonetech87

Hello;

I have this desk stand that had the Independent sticker on the base as you can see in the photo.
Does anyone have an original or repro sticker I can purchase?

Thank You
Ben Salem