News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

But is it? Is it really a real KTAS D08, sir?

Started by Sigmaz, March 02, 2018, 07:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmaz

So this just came up on a local marketplace.
I had a friend that had one in her 'parlor'.
Anyone have any info on this set?

I don't remember the one I saw being of particularly good quality, but it may have been a reproduction of something incredible, what do I know...

dsk

From that picture, I can not tell if it is a copy or not. most of these had a window on both sides of the hook, on the right side it was a counter.  If you google KTAS D08  you will find lots of pictures.

The original lettering on the dial was pretty different from the international standard, and the bottom plate had a stamped name.

dsk

LarryInMichigan

It looks like an Asian replica to me.  Whatever it is though, it is not worth anything close to the asking price.

Larry

dsk

This is a Japanese copy, and that looks more like the one Sigmaz has pictured
https://goo.gl/GHkJcn

dsk

LarryInMichigan

While many of those Japanese replicas are actually well-made, they are so plentiful that they are not worth much, perhaps $10-$25, depending on condition.

Larry

Jim Stettler

Most of the real ones in the US came from Turtle Lake Telephone.  Many of them are part real and part repro. The repro parts were created to complete original telephones. Eventually, they started creating full repro phones. Black phones are typically real or real/repro.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.