"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My New Amp 25 Pair Connector Butterfly Tool

Started by Babybearjs, March 13, 2018, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 21, 2018, 10:46:29 PM
what? the moderator doesn't even know about telephone tools???

GLOBAL MODERATOR POST

It is neither my responsibility nor my desire to finish or complete anyone's "work" when they post on the forum. If a member thinks enough about something that they decide to create a post, it seems totally logical and reasonable that the posting member would also take the time include images, links, screen captures and a good text description of what is being posted so that ANY and ALL members and guests will know of what the posting member speaks and thus eliminates the need for anyone to ask the question.

As some have noticed, my posts start specific to task due completely to the inability of some members to distinguish between my Global Moderator Posts, which are put up for the overall good of the forum, and my Regular Member Posts, which at one time allowed me to be "one of the members" and enjoy both the forum and the hobby. For the same reason, my regular member posts are few and far between and when I do post such, it's to start a topic about something new and fully documented that will, hopefully, in some way advance the knowledge base of the forum, the hobby, for at least those members who have in interest in that which I post.

My Global Moderator Posts have also been less frequent due to the "comments" I have personally received from a handful of members who apparently enjoy conflating my Global Moderator posts with those that I thought clearly fell into the "hey, it's a hobby, it's supposed to be fun" regular member category.

To be clear, when I reply with a Global Moderator Post, it is only for or in the best interest of the forum with the intent to maintain the forum at a certain level consistent with the Spirit of the Forum as defined within the Registration Agreement. Such posts are NEVER for me or my benefit as either a Global Moderator or a Regular Member.

Whether I know what something is or is not is irrelevant in that what I am not going to do is the work of somebody else to maintain a certain level of value within the forum. It is neither my responsibility nor my desire to finish or complete the work, the posts of anyone else so that it rises to a level of value expected and anticipated by other members or guests who may read the post. This includes but is not limited to the modification (changing) the post's subject title to something more descriptive than those which fall into the "See this?" class of meaningless, poor subject titles that are not only vague but also defeat the search function.

I hope the above makes the reason for my reply asking for a description of the tool clear.

Butch Harlow

Here's a link to the video, caution terrible techno music in the first half. Video showing how to use AMP MI-1 25 pair Amphenol crimper tool
I have the instructions I downloaded from the web, just can't figure out how to post a link for it.
Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

Here is the instruction booklet.
Butch Harlow

Babybearjs

thank you so much for the PDF. I saw the video when I was searching for the manual, pretty good video, I'd like to see more of them about the tool...
John