"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ebay sellers helping out our hobby

Started by poplar1, September 27, 2013, 01:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Seller writes:

"My 88 year old neighbor worked for the telephone company for 42 years and he is on a tear cleaning out his garage and strolling down memory lane with me as he says, 'Do you think someone will want this?'  ~ He's cute and I'm happy to help offer items he has had which he was going to put in the TRASH!"
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

This is good, unless he actually does trash them. I hope to see some real treasures on eBay now!

And really, a 88 year old, cleaning out his garage... To me that seems like hard work being 2 years from 90.

Ben

poplar1

Email from seller:

It is so surprising to hear all the details from "back in the day" where you could start out working on the docks in transportation and the sky was the limit if you so desired ~ he started loading trucks on the night shift, went into pre-wire in apartment construction, did residential installation/repair, moved over to a small business division doing installation and repair and ended is career working for large business account installing PBX Dimension,System 75 and 85 for companies like Home Depot, Met Life and many of the local pharmaceutical companies.  He does have manuals, but for some reason he wants to keep them, but we have since found many of the BSP's on-line and send you some links in another email ~ he is so thrilled, overwhelmed and happy to know that people are still using so much of this stuff he was ready to just throw in the trash!!!  I pass on all the emails and comments from all of the buyers who have had questions and he really has gotten a sparkle in his eyes talking about it all!  I'm glad I was able to be a part of it and learn so much about WE and the extremely high standards that they held high :)   Judi

- judis*junque
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.