Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - March 2016

Pourme's NE 2236 TT 3 slot payphone for $50 from a local Antique Store
6 (15.8%)
Autonut's 1959 NE Soft Plastic Beige 500 $8.00 plus $18.00 shipping on eBay
2 (5.3%)
LarryInMichigan's Automatic Electric Type 21 candlestick for a total of $73.15
12 (31.6%)
WEBellSystemChristian's 1959 Jade Green AE90 on eBay for $7.50 and $5.50 shipping
13 (34.2%)
TelePlay's date matching 10/11-53 WE round button three line WE 444E for $16.54 all in
4 (10.5%)
Fabius' Ships Phone by Henschel Corp. Amesburg, MASS $14.50 plus $18 shipping
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: April 09, 2016, 12:49:57 AM

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) at least one picture of the item.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) where and/or how it was found.
4) the forum link if discussed in another topic on CRPF.
5) the eBay link if won there.
6) and other information of importance about the find.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners click here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12971.0

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

Pourme

I was in one of my weekly collectibles haunts earlier last week and saw this NE52236 with a $195.00 price tag. The shop owner was also the owner of the phone. I asked him if he had the keys, he did not. He said he would sell it for $75.00. I should have bought it then but didn't. I returned on Saturday to see if he still had it. I offered him $50.00 and bought my first pay phone! Today I cleaned it up a bit and made & received some calls on it. When I was removing the back to access the vault I heard a rattle from inside the vault, where I found the vault key! You can see from the call card that the phone was from a Navel Hospital at a training base in the 305 AC.  A great find made better!

More stuff on the phone here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15832.msg163935;topicseen#new
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

Cool! Nice phone at a great price!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Benny

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring. I have two good finds this month.

The first one is a Matching numbers 1959 Northern Electric Soft Plastic Beige 500 for $8.00 on eBay plus $18.00 for shipping.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15886.0

The second one is a Soft Plastic Western Electric Black 500 Dated 12/53 all Matching Numbers for $25.00 all in.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15938.0

So I'm going to go with my first purchase. The 59 NE Soft Plastic 500

LarryInMichigan

I would like to nominate my Automatic Electric Type 21 (or is it 21A?) candlestick (ebay link).  It cost me a total of $73.15.  The phone is mostly in very good+ condition.

Larry

Pourme

Very nice Larry. One of the phones on my want list, as well!

Benny
Benny

WEBellSystemChristian

I'll nominate my 1959 Jade Green AE90 that I got on eBay for $7.50 and $5.50 shipping (part of a 10-phone lot; price divided among each phone).

This one has an early painted hook and a great dial card!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

Last call for March Find of the Month. Christian made it in at the last moment, so can you!

Terry

oldguy

What's the gear in the background Christian?
Gary

TelePlay

Well, while it most likely will not be THE find of the month, after a long dry spell of not finding anything unusual, this is not only my find of the current Month (March) but also my find of the past few months in total.

Found this today in an antique mall in north eastern Wisconsin. It is a date matching 10/11-53 WE round button three line 444E. Seems all original. Dial card lens is missing but the number has area code 414, correct for that area in 1953.

The phone in its own topic, with more photos, is on the forum at

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15992.0

Dates:
Base 11-53
Ringer 11-53
101A Coil IV-53
F1 Handset 10 3
Receiver 10-53
Transmitter 10-53
Shell 10-14-53 I

Did not have time to remove the dial but it seems is is original to the phone as well.

They were asking $17.50. Asked for and got 10% off  for missing lens. After adding 5% sales tax so the total to take it out the door came to a nice $16.54.

Defects: missing the line cord and line lens.
Pluses: Good price, no plastic cracks or deep scratches, number plate and finger wheel in good condition.

WEBellSystemChristian

oldguy:

My parents found it (along with 10 or so other gears) at an agricultural junk yard a few years ago. My Dad and I restored it 2 years ago, along with its 'baby' (as my Mom loves to describe it) for Christmas last year. The big one weighs 73 pounds!! No matter what phone I prop up against it, NOTHING will move it! :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Fabius

I nominate my ship's telephone as found on eBay for $14.50 plus $18 shipping. Tag is marked: Henschel Corp. Amesburg, MASS
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AE_Collector

Time to VOTE for the March 2016 Find of the Month. Six contestants this month, lets give it a try with just ONE vote per person.

Terry

oldguy

Nice job Christian, they look great. Oh ya, the phone too ;)
Gary