News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - September 2016

Started by AE_Collector, September 01, 2016, 01:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - September 2016.  *** Vote for TWO ***

oldguy's lot of 5 different phones (D1/E1; D1 Imperial with Subset; WE 500 C/D; WE 302; AE LP"B" Payphone) from a collector's estate for $320.00
7 (24.1%)
Roody's undamaged Jade Green AE 50 with gold trim for $10 at a flea market
24 (82.8%)
dsk's lot of 4 phones (2 Erickson "Hotel telephones" and 2 Cobras) from a flea market for $84
5 (17.2%)
Babybearjs' WE 2851 5 line wall set $11.00 on eBay
7 (24.1%)
TelePlay's 1947 North Galion Wall Phone for $29.99 plus $17 shipping
8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) at least one picture of the item.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) where and/or how it was found.
4) the forum link if discussed in another topic on CRPF.
5) the eBay link if won there.
6) and other information of importance about the find.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners click here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12971.0

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

oldguy

I'd like to submit my latest Craigslist purchase. I bought it from a lady in Rosevile CA. It was the last & best of her fathers Phone collection. Very nice lady. I paid $320.00 + taking my wife out to a nice dinner. Do I need to include that in the price? ;) D1-E1-4H-10/35, Imperial 12/55, 6D + Subset 684-BA, 5/48, 500 C/D, 9/58, 302 3/41 5H, AE LP"B"(over stamped "C")-82-55. Everything is supposed to work but I haven't had time to test them yet. I've never seen an Imperial without a clear finger wheel before, is this original?
Gary

Pourme

Nice, oldguy!...You did good...I like the pay phone, that is on my want list as well

You don't have to count the dinner.....
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

TelePlay

I'd like to nominate Roody's recent flea market find. An undamaged (seems to have no cracks and/or holes) jade green AE 50 with possible gold trim for $10 - how about that. Granted, it needs a lot of elbow work but when restored, it will may be a "Back from the Dead" phone as well.

The phone was posted in its own topic on the forum at

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16757.0

Can't wait to see what it looks like when this tombstone/jukebox is cleaned up.

WEBellSystemChristian

That phone is easily worth 4 figures, for the record.

Great find!!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

EDIT:  dsk nominated a group of 4 phones he found at a local flea market this month. Since the phones took on a discussion of their own, the nominatiion and following discussion was split off and moved to the flea market forum board

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16792.0

This post is to explain where and why the posts went and to "re-nominate" dsk's find here with a copy of his original text and photos in his own words.

====================================

"Not many phones at our flea markets, yesterdays find was 2 Erickson "Hotel telephones" and 2 Cobras.

One wit Danish dial, missing the rubber ring, and one with Norwegian dial but weak receiver. After some struggling, I have managed to change that receiver.  Both has the normal signs of tear and wear.  (both has buzzers)

Cost? The hotel telephones NOK 100 each, the cobras NOK 500  that is about $84 as a total.

dsk"

Babybearjs

Well, here's my find of the month... a bit dirty, but salvageable. a rare WE2851 5 line wall set.  got this for less then $12.00!
John

Victor Laszlo

Interesting 2851. It has a mixture of features found on several different generations of the type.

Its number card has the "M" for "modular", but the cord appears to be a cut-off hard-wired one, at least as shown in the photo of the handset.  Is the handset a G15, G3 or a G12? 

The set itself has the later opaque faceplate, rather than the more desirable translucent one. It is an early FP, with no logo stamped in the lower left corner.

The system wiring is the early issue, terminated on an internal 66-type block, rather than the later Amphenol plug.

TelePlay

Since this seems to be the month of the wall phone, I'd like to nominate the 1950 North Galion Wall Phone with a straight line ringer, very nice leather feet and the dial is right on speed. It also has a very clean bottom and the inside is equally clean. Only issue is the sticker on the bottom saying sold in 1950. The only date I found inside was on the 101A coil and that was IV-47. Interesting it was sold only 3 years after being built.

I picked up off of eBay for a bit high but reasonable for its condition price of $46.99 including shipping ($29.99 for the phone).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282147394198

These photos are take as it came out of the box. No cracks, chips or damage. It was the chromed out dial that caught my eye. I'll post more pictures of it in its own topic when I get around to it as my maybe next project.

TelePlay

Time to vote for your TWO favorite Finds from September. May the best Find win!

. . . for Terry

AE_Collector

Well, that's a wrap for the September Find of the Month. As per usual, everyone had at least several votes showing that all of your finds were indeed "Finds" that others would like to have been in the right place at the right time for.

But, also as per usual, someone won the Find of the Month and this month there was little left to debate about who that was. Roody's Jade Green AE 50 with gold trim for $10 at a flea market and then his subsequent "clean up" of it for display took a lot of the votes. Roody's AE 50 virtually got one vote from everyone and everyone's other votes were split between the others Finds.

Congratulations Roody on your Excellent Find! Proving once again that are out there waiting to be found.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners click here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12971.0

Here is the Photobucket albums of pictures of all the winners that John keeps *almost* up to Date! If it is a little behind he will get to it soon:
http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/CRPF/library/Find%20of%20the%20Month?sort=4&page=0

Terry

Pourme

Congrats Roody! So many wonderful finds in September, worthy of special notice. I look forward to this contest each month!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service